• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[V0.5b] Table BBCode

simunaqv

Hello,

I am providing an early release of this add-on which will add a table BBCode to your XenForo boards. There is a vbulletin mod that makes it possible to include tabular data in posts using an easy to use syntax. I have tried to use a similar syntax. At the moment this add-on provides only the option of specifying column headers. If no column headers are specified, some default columns headers are included. These are necessary in order to make it work with the DataTables jquery plugin that is used in this add-on.

Following is the code with the head option specified.

Code:
[table=head]
one | two | three
[B]1[/B] | 2 | [IMG]http://localhost/xf/styles/default/xenforo/logo.png[/IMG]
4 | 5 | 6
7 | [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]8[/COLOR] | ;)
[/table]

This produces the table shown in the following figure.

datatable0.png

As shown in the above figure, bbcodes and similies are parsed inside the table cells. The following figure shows the same table, this time with the head option removed and hence with the default column headers.

datatable1.png

Please note that this is an early release. I will welcome your suggestions for making this add-on better. At some point in time, I might add more options to customize the look and feel of the tables. The choice of the DataTables jquery plugin was rather arbitrary. I will look into the possibility of using other jquery table/grid plugins with this add-on.

Attachments

I don't think we will be using something like that but that is surely a very neat concept and interesting idea. Although I might use something like that for Pages on our site. Very nice.

Mind providing a guide how to use this? I uploaded and installed the .xml and when I put the above code into the editor, I do not get tables output.

Mind providing a guide how to use this? I uploaded and installed the .xml and when I put the above code into the editor, I do not get tables output.

Did you only install the xml file or did you also upload the accompanying files?
What code are you using to display the tables?

Did you only install the xml file or did you also upload the accompanying files?
What code are you using to display the tables?

I uploaded the unzipped contents of the upload folder to the xenforo root directory, then installed the XML. I tested with the BBCode you have in your initial post.

I got this to work finally on my main domain. For whatever reason it wouldn't work on my test domain, but neither would another product I installed. I am assuming I have a bad template or something.

It is very nice, well done.

I
I got this to work finally on my main domain. For whatever reason it wouldn't work on my test domain, but neither would another product I installed. I am assuming I have a bad template or something.

It is very nice, well done.
If you had BB Code Manager installed there is probably an incompatability, as there was with the parseHTML code Dark did.

Hello,
Code:
[table=head]
one | two | three
[B]1[/B] | 2 | [IMG]http://localhost/xf/styles/default/xenforo/logo.png[/IMG]
4 | 5 | 6
7 | [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]8[/COLOR] | ;)
[/table]

Hi Simunaqv,

Thank you for releasing this here, I've used it for a long time on the other platform. :)

I use Jaxel's Portal and get this error when enabling your table bbcode.

Fatal error: Class 'Nabeel_Table_BbCode_Formatter_Base' not found in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/xxxxx/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(363) : eval()'d code on line 1

Is this something you can fix or would I need to ask Jaxel?

Regards,
Renada :)

hmm..
It does not look like this error has anything to do with the Portal mod. Did you upload the add-on files before you imported the xml-file?

hmm..
It does not look like this error has anything to do with the Portal mod. Did you upload the add-on files before you imported the xml-file?

Hi :)

Yes I uploaded the files, imported the xml file. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still get the same error on the portal page.

I can provide you with access if necessary. :)

Regards,
Renada

hmm..

Hi,

I've disabled all add-ons, uninstalled and reinstalled and the error I get when posting is now this:

PHP:
[B] Fatal error[/B]:  Class 'Nabeel_Table_BbCode_Formatter_Base' not found in [B]/home/sites/mysite.com/public_html/xxxxxx/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php[/B] on line [B]1396 [/B]

If I enable the add-ons again I get the previous error which is:

PHP:
Fatal error: Class 'Nabeel_Table_BbCode_Formatter_Base' not found in /home/sites/xxxxx.com/public_html/xxxxx/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(363) : eval()'d code on line 1

Is there anything you can do to help get this working please?

Regards,

Hi,

I've disabled all add-ons, uninstalled and reinstalled and the error I get when posting is now this:

PHP:
[B] Fatal error[/B]:  Class 'Nabeel_Table_BbCode_Formatter_Base' not found in [B]/home/sites/mysite.com/public_html/xxxxxx/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php[/B] on line [B]1396 [/B]

If I enable the add-ons again I get the previous error which is:

PHP:

Is there anything you can do to help get this working please?

Regards,
I just installed it on localhost and it works fine so this might be a server issue.

Top Bottom