Add-on V.I.P. Forum Section

iamjudd

Wasn't sure how to title this and not sure if this would require an addon or not but...

I would like to be able to have a V.I.P. section that I can have visible to everyone they just would not be able to enter the forums in that catagory though and part on the forum where it would show the most recent post in the forum would not show.

So to help try and clarify the forum would be like:
VIP Section [This is the catagory node]
-VIP Chat [forum node]
-VIP Marketplace [forum node]

etc...

Basically the idea is to sort of tease show what forums are in the VIP section without them being able to actually get into them.

Maybe have a message that shows when they try to get in there like "Sorry but to access this area of the forums you must donate"

I may be misunderstanding but you should be able to do this with the regular permissions.

An add-on shouldn't be required.

Indeed. This can be achieved with the built in permissions. Unless you want to add certain criteria(s) for viewing the V.I.P. section(s).

I think I figure out how to do it with permissions sort of but they can still see what has been recently posted on the forum list part, am I possibly missing a permission?

Set the VIP Section "Category" node permission to private. Then set the VIP usergroup within the node permission to "View Node" = Allow!

This will allow VIPs to see the boards and post while others will see the boards but it will say the posts are private.

Top Bottom