[UW] Forum Comments System [Deleted]

I have a question - let's say you install this addon, and at some point in the future you want to move to another platform - what will happen then? If the new platform does not have a similar system, this might become a big challenge.
The same as with any other add-on.
I am moving from vB5 where comments are builtin feature. And I have decided to build this add-on so I can move to xF2. A good platform will have comments builtin or as an add-on, and if not, it can get built, the way I am doing it now.
Or you can just uninstall this add-on, all comments will turn into replies with a quote of the original reply and continue on the new platform without comments.

Last edited:
Or you can just uninstall this add-on, all comments will turn into replies with a quote of the original reply and continue on the new platform without comments.

This above is the part I am interested in, and I was afraid that having posts 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc might break the thread when uninstalling, but if you have tested it, and that works, then this looks very good.

Thank you for answering.

This above is the part I am interested in, and I was afraid that having posts 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc might break the thread when uninstalling, but if you have tested it, and that works, then this looks very good.

Thank you for answering.
Before you start using the add-on live, you can test the uninstall feature first.

When a user that requires post approval posts a comment and you don't approve it (delete), it still bumps the thread and shows up on under Latest posts.

When a user that requires post approval posts a comment and you don't approve it (delete), it still bumps the thread and shows up on under Latest posts.
No, it doesn't bump the tread. And it shows up on under "Latest posts" ONLY to admins, or moderators as deleted, the same way as replies do. Works as designed.

I'm not sure if that's how regular approved replies work. But if a user posts a comment, it doesn't use the comment time under "Latest posts", but it uses the approval time. In the comment itself it uses the comment time.

Post a comment at 1PM.
Comment is approved at 5PM.
Latest posts: Last post moments ago.

Hey there,

Just bought and excited to try this out. However I think there is an incompatibility with a pre-existing add-on that I have on the forum. The plugin causes the button inside the text editor to repeat endlessly over, breaking out of the screen.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.09.34 PM.webp

The add-on in question is: https://xenforo.com/community/resou...s-on-your-forum-using-add-pics-for-free.7698/

I'm not sure if it's this add-on that's causing the issue specifically or the fact that there was a custom button in the text editor.

Hey there,

Just bought and excited to try this out. However I think there is an incompatibility with a pre-existing add-on that I have on the forum. The plugin causes the button inside the text editor to repeat endlessly over, breaking out of the screen.

View attachment 226137

The add-on in question is: https://xenforo.com/community/resou...s-on-your-forum-using-add-pics-for-free.7698/

I'm not sure if it's this add-on that's causing the issue specifically or the fact that there was a custom button in the text editor.
That is different add-on. Each add-on is made to work with the default xenForo. But there is already something planned in this regard from our side. Working already on it.

Last edited:
So I got the chance last night to test out this add-on and my users are loving it! They think it's a really great approach on conversations / topics and the layout feels intuitive and functional.

The only feedback they had for me was about the notifications. The way my forum operates is that we have a "main thread" where most of the discussion happens, essentially like a group chat. They are getting notifications every time someone comments on a post in the thread, and thus getting inundated with notifications that are not relevant to them.

I noticed that there was only one option in the preferences for the notifications:

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 11.30.11 AM.png

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a more granular control on what kind of notifications to receive from the comments? My users said that they would like to receive only notifications from comments on THEIR post, and not anyone else's. Is this doable?

Last edited:
So, the overview above says:

Does it work in tapatalk, forumapp or any other programs or applications?
I don't know. Please ask the creators of those apps.

If the creator really doesn't know(!), does anybody? Or is this still a mystery? It's kinda of a dealbreaker if a big percentage of our users can't see the content. Has anybody tried it with Tapatalk?

The only feedback they had for me was about the notifications.
🔹Only one comment email notification per thread.
A user normally receives an email notification for the first unread comment under each reply in a thread. By checking this option, a user will receive only one email notification for the first unread comment in the whole thread.
1590756147911.png

If the creator really doesn't know(!), does anybody?
You are asking in the wrong thread. You have to go to the creators of those apps and ask them. I am not the creator of that app, so I can't help you with that.

🔹Only one comment email notification per thread.
A user normally receives an email notification for the first unread comment under each reply in a thread. By checking this option, a user will receive only one email notification for the first unread comment in the whole thread.
I read this in the manual (great job on putting that together by the way! not many developers take the time to do so) when I was trying to find answers on the notifications, however this doesn't really answer my question. Email notifications are different from the in-forum / push notifications, and they are getting spammed A LOT with notifications. As of right now, it seems that our options are to receive all of those notifications or shut them off completely, which doesn't seem to be well-designed.

Would it be possible to receive comment notifications only just on your posts? I think having a more granular control over the notifications would be a great asset to this add-on. Multiple people on my forum have specifically asked me this, so I wouldn't be here otherwise unless I thought it was a necessary addition. I hope you consider this.

Thank you.

Already purchased and paid last 15 minutes via Paypal, but still license is not activate on the site.
Is it manually approve?

You have not purchased any licenses yet.

Already purchased and paid last 15 minutes via Paypal, but still license is not activate on the site.
Is it manually approve?
I see you already have the licence in your account. To download it, you still need to fill xF username and the website where it will be used.

• Love
Reactions: rdn
Other than addon option and User Group permission.. What else I need to configure?
Comment button/feature isn't showing on my install.

Thanks a lot for this.

Other than addon option and User Group permission.. What else I need to configure?
Comment button/feature isn't showing on my install.

Thanks a lot for this.
Comment button is visible only on replies, or comments. Not on the original post.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom