[UW] Forum Comments System [Deleted]

Ive been using it for couple days now and have to say it is really well made! Thanks for sharing this and updating, shows you really care.

I was wondering if bbcode can be used in comments? Or atleast a color?

Ive been using it for couple days now and have to say it is really well made! Thanks for sharing this and updating, shows you really care.

I was wondering if bbcode can be used in comments? Or atleast a color?
Thanks for support. Currently there is just a basic editor. The XF stock profile comments editor has a bug and I hate bugs so I had to remove that editor. Once XF fixes the bug in the editor (they are aware of the bug so I think in the next version it will be fixed) then this basic editor will be replaced with XF profile comments editor. But in addition to this profile comments editor, for the next major release is planed full feature reply like editor as an option to the profile comments editor.

Comments will have to be some way preserved after installation for a purchase as well. Too many developers abandon projects. I can't have 1/4th my content disappear if this becomes defunct. Instead, on uninstall or disable, they should be converted to quotes.

Comments will have to be some way preserved after installation for a purchase as well. Too many developers abandon projects. I can't have 1/4th my content disappear if this becomes defunct. Instead, on uninstall or disable, they should be converted to quotes.
Since this project is made for my personal needs, I can't abandon it, because I need it, whether somebody buys it or not. It's not made to make money out of it, I wouldn't be making it for this purpose at all. But yes, in the near future I will look into this, to see what kind of options there are. But I do believe in the future XF will have comments too by default 😏 and then just some importer will have to be made.

xffutureuser updated [UW] Forum Comments System with a new update entry:

History permission fix, new feature added

This is just a minor update.
An issue with "History" link in the comment (History permission in the comment was dependent on a wrong permission ) fixed.

A new feature added:
- Time limit on editing/deleting own comments
Please note that this permission works with the combination of permission "Edit own post/comment". If someone has the permission of editing any comment/post then this permission will not take effect.

View attachment 199687

Read the rest of this update entry...

Even with the default style it does the same. I am not sure what you mean with what template.
I mean style. What style are you using? Can you send a print-screen of a default style? Because I am not able to reproduce it on 4 different default style installs where we are using it.

Last edited:
It somehow hopens the comment section twice underneath each other:
So just to clear things for the rest of the people. After private conversation, we found out that (because of folder renaming) there were two installations of the same add-on. After removing the installation of the old version, problem was fixed. (y):)

Top Bottom