[UW] Forum Comments System [Deleted]

@xffutureuser

A couple of notes/questions

- Depending on the state of this button on the editor, the Comment Quote doesn't work. I verified on your ultra web install too. It works in both states for the normal Xenforo reply button
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 3.22.47 PM.webp

- The View Previous Comments seems to load all the remaining at once. Would loading them in X post increments be feasible?

arn

xffutureuser updated [UW] Forum Comments System with a new update entry:

Version 1.7

• Human verification for guests comments postings fix
When you try to post a regular reply as a guest, it asks you to create a name. So you create a name and make a post. Then, in the same thread, you want to post a comment and it asks you again to create a name.

It shouldn't be asking me again for a name. So this was fixed.

• Hiding comments reworked
Now it works similar way as in XF profile comments. In the admin you can set how many last...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
- The View Previous Comments seems to load all the remaining at once. Would loading them in X post increments be feasible?

arn
"loading them in X post", we had that during development, but it was really annoying to keep clicking every 3 comments. So then I've decided to get it done the same way as XF profile comments have it. Now it works the same way as XF profile comments do.

"loading them in X post", we had that during development, but it was really annoying to keep clicking every 3 comments. So then I've decided to get it done the same way as XF profile comments have it. Now it works the same way as XF profile comments do.

I didn't even remember profile comments where a thing. :) Xenforo does seem to cap it at loading 20 comments at at time, though.

I tested it here: https://forums.macrumors.com/members/arn.1/ (but you have to be logged in to see the profile)

Would you consider doing that? I just worry if a comment thread gets a lot of action, it could load a ton of comments all at once.

thanks
arn

Found a bug.

When someone posts a new comment and then deletes it, the thread will still be displayed as "unread" by all other users. When they click into the thread, they'll get 404. This can be resolved only if someone undeletes the comment or someone posted a new reply/comment in the thread.

Admin is not affected as he still can see the deleted comment.

No. But it is possible to turn a comment into a regular reply.

Would you say it's a planned feature? It would take time for members to get adjusted to the new comments system, not to mention new users and in general it's an essential feature to keep threads on topic through moderation.

- Depending on the state of this button on the editor, the Comment Quote doesn't work. I verified on your ultra web install too. It works in both states for the normal Xenforo reply button
Check the latest version. This should be fixed.

This looks great. :) Is there any option to allow only the thread starter (or people the thread starter defines) to add top-level posts? Then everyone else could only leave comments within the thread. This would be very useful for creating blogs, book chapters, etc.

If this option isn't currently available, would you consider adding it?

Would you consider doing that? I just worry if a comment thread gets a lot of action, it could load a ton of comments all at once.
In the admin added option to cap the number of comments loaded when you click on "View Previous comments...".

Reactions: arn
When someone posts a new comment and then deletes it, the thread will still be displayed as "unread" by all other users. When they click into the thread, they'll get 404. This can be resolved only if someone undeletes the comment or someone posted a new reply/comment in the thread.
Actually we've fixed a similar issue. But I've got now what you mean. It is being checked right now.

Would you say it's a planned feature? It would take time for members to get adjusted to the new comments system, not to mention new users and in general it's an essential feature to keep threads on topic through moderation.
Not planed. But you can write your suggestion with all the details to FCS Suggestions, will see what can be done about that. Here it could get lost.

This looks great. :) Is there any option to allow only the thread starter (or people the thread starter defines) to add top-level posts? Then everyone else could only leave comments within the thread. This would be very useful for creating blogs, book chapters, etc.

If this option isn't currently available, would you consider adding it?
Not currently available. But you can write your suggestion with all the details to FCS Suggestions, will see what can be done about that. Here it could get lost.

Last edited:
Top Bottom