Using XF LifeTime?

I understood that you are from china :) . Jumping quickly in to a conclusion that our country is starving for food !. c'mon be professional ... talk professional . talk about technology .. and talk about our Xenforo here.... So what you are talking about , am I begging you for food ?.
No. You just gave me your information that the price of a XenForo license might be extremely expensive from your perspective.

I did not say extremely* expensive bro . Check my posts . I said I am running a forum which has small user base and I never used it for commercially nor i made a single buck on it . So spending money for addons , every year updates is difficult * . I just expressed my wish to have every year charge free or just minimal as per size of forum * .

Here's what I guess "might work":

By default, when buying a XF license (for example XF 2.3.x), after the first year this license can only retrieve all editions of XF 2.3.x (incl. security updates) and previous editions like XF 2.2.x and XF 2.1.x... However, he cannot retrieve XF 2.4.x upgrade (nor later upgrades) until he buy one more year additional upgrade fee.

XF ticket annual service fee charged separately to reduce the cost of XF license itself and upgrades themselves, considering that XF tickets in most times only solve non-power-user problems. However, XF ticket annual service fee and XF license annual renewal fee can be sold as a combo with a special combo price. Also, XF ticket annual service can be sold on a per-request basis: One has a problem, he consult XF ticket center, and the XF ticket center evaluate whether it is in their additional paid support range, and the center gives him a quote.

We don't have any plans to change how licensing and support currently works.

Purchasing a license grants you access to every version of XF from XF 1.0.0 to the current version, and any newer versions released within 1 year of the purchase date, as well as ticket support.

Purchasing an annual renewal will extend the version availability and ticket support for a further year.

I did not say extremely* expensive bro . Check my posts . I said I am running a forum which has small user base and I never used it for commercially nor i made a single buck on it . So spending money for addons , every year updates is difficult * . I just expressed my wish to have every year charge free or just minimal as per size of forum * .
You do know there are free forum softwares that don’t charge ~$5/month for renewal? If renewal costs are an issue I’d suggest you start searching for a different software.

We don't have any plans to change how licensing and support currently works.

Purchasing a license grants you access to every version of XF from XF 1.0.0 to the current version, and any newer versions released within 1 year of the purchase date, as well as ticket support.

Purchasing an annual renewal will extend the version availability and ticket support for a further year.
Yes I am aware of this . Thanks

Top Bottom