Using XF LifeTime?

The initial license purchase is a one off payment, which includes 12 months of support and updates.

After 12 months, the license is still valid and you can continue to use the software with no additional charges, but should you wish to download new releases or access ticket support, you would need to purchase a 1 year extension.

Otherwise you can choose not to renew support and remain on the same version.

The problem with the license is it is valid for only 1 year . No matter you are getting any revenue on your forum /web site or not , you have to pay every year . And the developers put some backdoors in files and after 1 year if you do not purchase extension then they will trigger scripts to generate problems . And eventually you will contact them for extending license . This is a business ! . I purchased license for 1 year , second year started getting issue .
I have an XenForo license that for some time was running on version 1.5. I was not able to upgrade to version 2 right away as the ISP would not upgrade PHP to support version 2. I did not renew my support agreement during that time. At no time the my forum run into problems. It simply ran hot straight and normal as it did when the support agreement was in place. I still had access to the XenForo support board.

Ultimately, I changed ISP's about a year later and renew the support agreement for that license. At no time did I have any issues with XenForo's software.

In my book, Slavik's comment, "Our reputation is worth more than the price of a renewal each year." is spot on. Their sterling reputation is world-class.

The problem with the license is it is valid for only 1 year . No matter you are getting any revenue on your forum /web site or not , you have to pay every year . And the developers put some backdoors in files and after 1 year if you do not purchase extension then they will trigger scripts to generate problems . And eventually you will contact them for extending license . This is a business ! . I purchased license for 1 year , second year started getting issue .

XenForo contains no back doors or malicious code which we can use to cause problems with your site. Our reputation is worth more than the price of a renewal each year.

Show us proof that your issues were caused by XF.

Just to be clear, my board ran without paying maintenance for about 3 years. No problems noted. Paid for a year when we finally realized we were falling badly behind on updates and upgrades and have kept it up since. So, no, Xenforo does not hack your board to make you buy maintenance.

Absolute codswallop. Never read a post containing more tripe in my entire time here.

Backdoors only exist in nulled copies of the software. NO software manufacturer puts backdoors in the software they're selling to force you to renew for upgrades, if they did, that'd be a lawsuit waiting to happen. :LOL:

Backdoors only exist in nulled copies of the software. NO software manufacturer puts backdoors in the software they're selling to force you to renew for upgrades, if they did, that'd be a lawsuit waiting to happen. :LOL:
This is my thinking. Either they used a nulled version originally and then "upgraded" to a paid version that still had a backdoor from the nulled version or they are basing their "experience" strictly off a nulled version.
I've got a site that is running an older version that has no "back doors" nor has it been hacked. I simply haven't paid for renewal as I'm probably bringing that site offline as I can't get any traction with it.

I am sorry . But yes It was just my opinion . I am not using nulled version I purchased license . Being a owner of small forum on which I never made a single buck and just keep on paying vps hosting charges out of my pocket , It is difficult for me to spend money on plugins , yearly support or upgrades etc.,.
It would be nice if xenforo offers product updates pricing based on forum size and its worth .Or atleast offer different pricing packages for small forums .

I am sorry . But yes It was just my opinion . I am not using nulled version I purchased license . Being a owner of small forum on which I never made a single buck and just keep on paying vps hosting charges out of my pocket , It is difficult for me to spend money on plugins , yearly support or upgrades etc.,.
It would be nice if xenforo offers product updates pricing based on forum size and its worth .Or atleast offer different pricing packages for small forums .

It may have been “your opinion” but you stated it as fact and I’m pretty sure it could be considered libel and defamation.

Some software sellers do that . I had this experience in the past . My cousin got some SIP based softswitch installed on his linux machine and paid one time license fee. The seller is a company , they charge yearly support fee if customer opts for support . One day on my cousin's request I logged into server and found a hidden user with root permissions in /etc/passwd file ( they named user it like .- ( dot and space) ) . Whenever support expires , they login to system and make it unfunctional . This is not a slander it really happened and the ip address from datacenter matched with the company ip pool .

I trust xenforo , I just generalised it . Happy to see moderator and other user's assurance in replies . Thank you all !

It may have been “your opinion” but you stated it as fact and I’m pretty sure it could be considered libel and defamation.
I am a genuine customer/user of xenforo and not some competitor :) .My intention is not to defame but expressing my doubts and concerns . Even this thread may turn into a positive thing for xenforo with all the people stand and assurance. Xenforo please give me a free upgrade for my forum !!! (: I am marketing your product (:

@karthik.kondapaneni Which country are you from? I wonder whether the average income of the citizens in your country is much lower than Anglo-Saxon countries.

For example: in Mainland China here I can settle my launch through a service similar to Uber Eats, costing not more than 30RMB. This only worths around 3.75 USD or 4.2 CAD. In Canada, If you want to settle a similar meal (in similar level of quality) through Uber Eats you may have to pay 12-20 CAD plus VAT. // Excluding the price used by US-branded fast-food services in China like KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, etc. due to their overprice.

@karthik.kondapaneni Which country are you from? I wonder whether the average income of the citizens in your country is much lower than Anglo-Saxon countries.

For example: in Mainland China here I can settle my launch through a service similar to Uber Eats, costing not more than 30RMB. This only worths around 3.75 USD or 4.2 CAD. In Canada, If you want to settle a similar meal (in similar level of quality) through Uber Eats you may have to pay 12-20 CAD plus VAT. // Excluding the price used by US-branded fast-food services in China like KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, etc. due to their overprice.

I understood that you are from china :) . Jumping quickly in to a conclusion that our country is starving for food !. c'mon be professional ... talk professional . talk about technology .. and talk about our Xenforo here.... So what you are talking about , am I begging you for food ?.

I understood that you are from china :) . Jumping quickly in to a conclusion that our country is starving for food !. c'mon be professional ... talk professional . talk about technology .. and talk about our Xenforo here.... So what you are talking about , am I begging you for food ?.
No. You just gave me your information that the price of a XenForo license might be extremely expensive from your perspective.

Top Bottom