1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Xenforo with Digital Access Pass

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by jjeeffff, Apr 30, 2013.

1. jjeeffff

jjeeffff Member

I currently use the membership software Digital Access Pass (DAP) to sell several products. I'd like to add a support sub-forum for each of my products and also sell access to a premium sub-forum. DAP already includes integration with vBulletin - so you can specify that when a user buys product X, they are given access to subforum X - and if the product is a monthy membership, their access to subforum Y is removed if they cancel/fail to pay.

Sadly (perhaps not sadly!), I don't want to use vBulletin.

I'm wondering if there is a way I can achieve the same or similar thing with Xenforo? Or at least I'd like to get a picture of the ways I could sell/control access to the forum.

DAP has a plugin system:
    http://www.digitalaccesspass.com/doc/dap-plugin-framework/

I'm not a programmer, but from I can see, it would allow a notification to be sent to a 3rd party when a user signs up for a product. I think the next version of DAP will also allow a notifcation to be sent when a user cancels/doesn't pay.

I see than Xenforo has XenAPI - if DAP is able to send a notification, could a user be created/updated and given access to a specified forum?

I sort of feel that some of this is beyond me, so I'm wondering if anyone has done it. I'm guessing using this combo I wouldn't get the automatic log in/log out that DAP/Vbulletin integration offers. (Sadly), I feel vBulletin might still be the best option for me in these particular circumstances.

Any suggestions or insights are appreciated!

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Without looking into it much, it is entirely plausible. XenForo is very flexible and it's code works wonders on automating things for you. (y)

3. jjeeffff

jjeeffff Member

Good to know its possible in principle - but I guess not out of the box. If DAP ever integrate with Xenforo or a proper bridge from the xenforo side is produced I'd be very keen.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Any bridge of that sort will need to be custom coded.

5. mindflo

mindflo New Member