XF 1.4 Using XenForo built-in captcha on customized web pages?

liv4spd

I got lots of crawlers trying to steal my database content. That have significantly slowed down my web page loading speed.

As we all know, when a user first register for a new account, they need to answer Captcha questions. May I customize my search page in a similar way, so that it will require a user to answer Captcha questions, when any search is conducted?

Thank you.

To implement captcha, it requires both front end and back and work. Suited towards an add-on, which may exist. Are you comfortable with PHP programming?

Thank you for the reply, Jeremy!

Yes, I know a little bit about PHP programming. Could you give me more details about the front end and back end programs?

What is the timeline for such an add-on? This will be an awesome tool.

To implement captcha, it requires both front end and back and work. Suited towards an add-on, which may exist. Are you comfortable with PHP programming?

It would need custom development.

There may be an add-on that takes a different approach (to stopping bots), though I'm not sure. Alternatively, you should be able to use your access logs to identify the IPs of the bots and then simply block them (either in XF or in your web server).

Thank you. Do you have plans to develop such an add on?

It would need custom development.

There may be an add-on that takes a different approach (to stopping bots), though I'm not sure. Alternatively, you should be able to use your access logs to identify the IPs of the bots and then simply block them (either in XF or in your web server).

Top Bottom