Using Xenforo Avatars On Wordpress And Using Xenforo To Power Wordpress Comments

Has anyone figured out how to do this? I want the xenforo avatars and comments to be used in Wordpress. That way the community is in sync and things are not so disjointed. Seems like this would make a great plugin. Anyone got this working yet?

Is there a way to replace the Wordpress commenting system and use Xenforo to handle comments on articles? That way user profiles and the community will match up. If you use Wordpress as your front end CMS and Xenforo to power your community, you end up with a very disjointed site with two sets of member avatars, profiles, etc. Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?

Is there a way to replace the Wordpress commenting system and use Xenforo to handle comments on articles? That way user profiles and the community will match up. If you use Wordpress as your front end CMS and Xenforo to power your community, you end up with a very disjointed site with two sets of member avatars, profiles, etc. Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?

This is the Holy Grail. No one has found it yet. o_O

python2.gif

Indeed, the holy grail!
It seems we are so close here with some of the mods on here - but they aren't quite right

Like this thread if you want this to happen. We need to get a critical mass of people requesting this to make it worthwhile for a developer to implement. I would be willing to pay for this functionality as would other people. It's worth creating!

I certainly wouldn't mind if someone automated the use of common avatars between WP and XF. Our company's WordPress site is going to be staff-only, so I don't expect avatar changes will become too much of a problem in our case.

But I would definitely like to have a way for XF to automatically create a new comment thread each time a new blog is posted on WP. The first post in the thread would need to include a teaser from the blog post, as well as a link to it. It would be enough for me if the forum to receive the new comment thread could be specified on a per-site basis (given a WP multisite installation). Ideally this solution should be kept separate from WP/XF bridge, as I don't think everyone who needs this capability will also need shared membership.

Has anyone figured out an easy way to do this?
I certainly wouldn't mind if someone automated the use of common avatars between WP and XF. Our company's WordPress site is going to be staff-only
He who finds the Holy Grail will be crowned King :)
Indeed, the holy grail! It seems we are so close here with some of the mods on here - but they aren't quite right

Does this interest you ?
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/paid-full-wordpress-xenforo-bridge.16228/

Thank you Doc, I saw that thread earlier today. I would indeed be interested in it, as the description covers the two main things I'm interested in: automated creation of threads for each WP blog post, and support for WP multisite. At the moment I'm engrossed in localization, but once the dust has settled I'll probably be looking at that thread again.

Why not use Xenporta ?

As I replied in another thread (and just to add to things here), Xenporta is too limited for what I need. I would have to reinvent the wheel and create a dozen or more modules just to come close to what I need to do with Wordpress (which is accessible through readily available plugins). I still like XenPorta as a forum front-end, though, as it nicely summarizes activity all in one place.

Top Bottom