Using the Overlaytrigger outside of the forum?

emma57573

Im intergrating xenforo into the rest of my site. The login and logout/ register etc is all working a treat now but I want it to popup the same as it does on the forum.

Ive added
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/forum/css.php" />
<script src="/forum/js/jquery/jquery-1.5.2.min.js"></script>
<script src="/forum/js/xenforo/xenforo.js"></script>

<a href="forum/logout/" class="OverlayTrigger">Log Out</a>

But it doesn't seem to be picking it up. Im sure I'm missing something really simple on this one?

I would like to add the login overlay on the menu bar to my homepage after that so any help with that would be great fully received also?

I don't think it's related, but:
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/forum/css.php" />

Isn't actually loading anything. You need something like:
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/forum/css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&amp;style=2&amp;dir=LTR" />
Where xenforo,form,public are the style sheets it loads. You may need to load others for your login form to look right. "style=2" is your Style ID (change that accordingly) and "dir=LTR" is left to right so that's fine unless your site uses a right to left language such as Arabic.

As for why it isn't working... the above is worth trying but "OverlayTrigger" is kind of a dummy class so shouldn't appear in any of the stylesheets - it's just there for the javascript and you're definitely loading that right.

Best course of action is to use F12 in Chrome or similar function in other browsers and keep an eye on the Console. This is where all javascript errors are logged. In theory, if your overlay isn't working, the error will report in there.

If you have a URL, I don't mind taking a look.

Top Bottom