Using the notices feature for advertising

Jeff Fuqua

I was wondering if anyone took advantage of the notices feature for advertising purposes. Since it allows html, I could see it as being a great way to target specific forums with sponsorships or members.

If anyone is using it, I'd love to see some examples of how it's being used. Thanks.

I just started using it in a very simple way to show ALL guests (not logged in members) a list of three main site sponsors with links to their sites. Nothing fancy yet - but I suppose I will improve on it.
Screen Shot 2012-07-06 at 8.08.40 PM.webp

Jeff, I'm using the "welcome notice" setup and will be linking it to various parts of the site as 'internal links'. But, I'm also toying with adding some Google Adsense code in there as well.

I'm interested to see how others are using the notices for advertising.

Hmmm...this make me think about whether there is any way to easily count how many times a notice is showed? That would be good to present to the sponsors in the notice!

That welcome notice set-up is very nice.

This might go against the TOS for many of the ad networks but what if the notice was set up to show a banner ad which rotated to another ad from a different network after a few seconds? I never understood why it would not be an advantage to all for new ads to replace old after a few seconds if the user chose to stay on the same page for a length of time. Right now, it's like watching the same commercial over and over until you change the channel on your TV. ;)

Top Bottom