1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using addons in the demo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by octabrain, Mar 15, 2016.

1. octabrain

octabrain New Member

Hi there,
    I'd like to have a closer look at Xenforo with the demo, but it seems like I can't download any addons, not even language packs, as I'm not a customer yet.
    Is this correct or did I miss something?
    It would obviously be really sweet to be able to test some addons, and verify that they really do what I need them to do.
  2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

The demo doesn't allow the installation of add-ons, you wouldn't be able to upload files for the add-ons.

Yes, you have to be a customer to download add-ons and styles.
  3. octabrain

octabrain New Member

OK, thanks a lot. Yeah, that makes sense, about uploading.

Does the Widget Framework addon work with 1.5? On https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/ it only mentions XF version 1.0-1.4 as compatible. And is it correct that this addon will allow me to add a sidebar to any page, not only the main page?
  4. Mark T

Mark T Member

Yes I use it on the most recent build. It works fine.
  5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I think you actually have to use the latest build from the authors site (I believe it's a BETA), but it works fine.
  6. octabrain

octabrain New Member

Alright, thank you for the answers. That helps.
  7. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I think the version posted here will work with xF1.5 but if you are using PHP7 you need the version posted on the authors site. It may have a BETA tag but it works very well. There are a few bugs but nothing that keeps it from working.
  8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

yep, that's what the BETA was for.. I forget some folks are still stuck on old PHP versions. ;)