• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Users Twitter Tweets block in members profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion:
Vodkaholic said:
Shows nothing if a member has not entered a twitter username
Expand this to show nothing if a member has their tweets set to private, or alternatively display a message informing the viewer that the user has protected their tweets.

I was scratching my head for a long while trying to figure out why the block worked for some users, and not others.. :X3:

My suggestion would take up 10 minutes once per week, to the benefit of everyone.

Obviously trolling is obvious. Give it a rest.
So's acting like the spokesperson for developers and designers here (y). Most of us do not appreciate it, and wish you'd stop posting as if you were.

Then again, I said that in the past and you ignored it, even though other people who aren't 'trolling' you said about the same thing.

:) Don't bother responding, I won't take this topic off topic over you~.

Correct, it doesn't show their tweets - but the "block" displays blank, can it be hidden?
Hmm I don't think so as its all "twitter" side
But I'll have a look when I get some more time
Thanks for the report tho

ok I've got the xml installed with no issues, but I'm not seeing anything listed in the Identities section in contact details. Is there something else I need to do?

ok I've got the xml installed with no issues, but I'm not seeing anything listed in the Identities section in contact details. Is there something else I need to do?
Page one the main post
This addon will show the twitter tweets widget in a members profile if the user has added there twitter name in the "Default Contact Details"

Hmm I don't think so as its all "twitter" side
But I'll have a look when I get some more time
Thanks for the report tho
Not sure if you fixed this, but you could probably use something like:
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
// code for the member tab
<xen:contentcheck>
// twitter code
</xen:contentcheck>
</xen:if>
What that'll do is display all the code if there is content inside the contentcheck. If there is no content, anything inside the <xen:if hascontent="true"> won't display (unless I misunderstand the syntax).

Not sure if you fixed this, but you could probably use something like:
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
// code for the member tab
<xen:contentcheck>
// twitter code
</xen:contentcheck>
</xen:if>
What that'll do is display all the code if there is content inside the contentcheck. If there is no content, anything inside the <xen:if hascontent="true"> won't display (unless I misunderstand the syntax).
Hmm I didn't know there was any problems :D

I thought someone said the member tab appears and the content of it is blank (i.e. no tweets?), if not I'm just stupid :oops:
Yea that's true but it still will send the twitter code as "locked" (well am sure it does) but its safe to add the content check anyway. I'll add it
ta

Release 1.0.1 now has the content check code added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom