1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User's profile modification for admins and modeartors

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Pepelac, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Pepelac

Pepelac Well-Known Member

I think, that this will be very useful for large communities and will help moderators and admins to do their work more effectively.

1. Add information about user's ban: who banned, ban reason, ban expiration. And also there should be some identification of banned user under his avatar in message area on threads pages...

2. Add "Edit profile" link to the user's profile page.
  2. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

Stefi Таня likes this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You do that with a user group and add the member to it when banned.

4. Pavel Safonov

Pavel Safonov Member

It is very necessary. Keep
    Stefi Таня likes this.
  5. Pepelac

And what if I don't want to crate additional user group? Why should I do this, if there is already such identification in the xf_user table...
    Stefi Таня and Pavel Safonov like this.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Well the functionality exists, it's up to you whether to use it or not.
  7. +10000000

Are very necessary!!!

And display of infringements and blocking for the moderator.
    And that for all users it was reflected that the infringer is blocked. So now can't communicate.
    Pavel Safonov likes this.
  8. Pepelac

Ok, I completely understand you. But here is an example.

As far as I know, automatic user group promotion works only for users, who were active for last 3 days from the moment, when cron entry starts. So, if I have user banned month ago, this will not work in that case. So I should do it manually. Don't you think, that such things should be implemented in the way, which don't require extra steps from end-user to achieve them?
  9. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I think confidential notes on a user account for staff to see is good. Maybe I missed it - is it there?