Users don't get a alert if somebody quotes them while a edit

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

If i reply to an post and forget to quote the post, the user don't get an alert (because the quote is missing)

After i save the post, i'll see that i've forgotten to quote the post, so i'll edit and insert the quote.
NOW the user still don't gets an alert.

I'm not sure if there's a way to implement this nice, but let'see, maybe mike & kier are able to find an way^^

Only idea i have is, to change
PHP:
    protected function _postSaveAfterTransaction()
    {
        // perform alert actions if the message is visible, and is a new insert,
        // or is an update where the message state has changed from 'moderated'

if ($this->get('message_state') == 'visible')
        {
            if ($this->isInsert() || $this->getExisting('message_state') == 'moderated')
            {
                $post = $this->getMergedData();

// alert any members who are directly quoted by this post
                $quotedMembers = $this->_getPostModel()->alertQuotedMembers($post);

if  (!$this->isDiscussionFirstMessage())
                {
                    // notify members watching this thread, unless they are already notified of being quoted
                    $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch')->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply($post, null, $quotedMembers);
                }
            }
        }
    }
BUT this would result in MANY alers for 1 post (everytime i edit it), so it's also not optimal:(

Upvote 0
This is working as designed. We only send quote alerts on the initial posting, otherwise there would be a whole raft of extra code to work out if alerts for quotes in a particular message had already been sent.

This is working as designed. We only send quote alerts on the initial posting, otherwise there would be a whole raft of extra code to work out if alerts for quotes in a particular message had already been sent.
How about if a user puts a new quote in an edited post .... Xenforo recognizes that ... put's up a Xenforo NOTICE to that user about this issue to inform them, and that the quoted person won't be alerted. Once they've read the notice, they can close the Notice ... users only get the warning once.

It's an example of teaching users in real time.

Top Bottom