Users cannot email other users, correct?

Ludachris

I am pretty sure I remember finding the answer to this question a while back, but users do not have the ability to send direct emails to other members of the forum in XF, correct? They only have the ability to start a conversation with them? And if that member doesn't have email notifications set for conversations turned on, that member will not get an email alert, correct? In vB the users had the option to both Email another user and PM them. Just want to make sure I'm clear on this.

1. Unless they know their email address, no, I don't think so.
  2. They will only get email alerts if the option is enabled.

Good to know... I'll have to go back into our old vB db and run a query to find all users that have "receive emails from other users" turned on and "receive email alerts on PM" turned off. I might look into changing the settings for those users to yes for "receive email alerts on Conversations" in XF, since that appears to be the critical way to contact users now.

1. Unless they know their email address, no, I don't think so.
  2. They will only get email alerts if the option is enabled.
....I might look into changing the settings for those users to yes for "receive email alerts on Conversations" in XF, since that appears to be the critical way to contact users now.
Where is this setting? I need members to be able to email other members from their profile.

Thanks. That setting appears to be for receiving an email notification for replies to watched threads.
I am looking for something similar to vB option "receive emails from other users" (where recipient email ID is not disclosed).
Is there a provision where I can view other members profile and send an email to them from there? Is it possible to set this as a user group permission from Admin CP?

Top Bottom