Users browsing this forum/viewing this thread

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I haven't yet seen this mentioned so thought I'd raise it.

Presumably this isn't something that's going to be introduced?

As DBT was the first company to release vb5 addons, got vb5 alpha access while other companies did not, have been very vocal pro-vb and they deserted xenforo at the same time, it seems to me that there may be more to their move away from XF. I may be wrong, but it does not look like they are coming back anytime soon.

What's your point?
What's yours? o_O

DB Tech add-ons did have a history of making things "slower" overall (in my opinion).

Everyone's been telling me that DB Tech addon was coded poorly and hogs resources.

As DRE stated as well, so I can't assume I'm alone in that thinking.

I'd push it a little further and label their add-ons as "ad-ware" in my opinion and experience with their products & services (from vBulletin).

1 copyright was enough, but having 3 - 4 links per add-on, fixed location on every page, and having it call home.... Was another matter in on its self (again, my past experience).

I'd like to bump this thread. I am looking for the same thing. This is the #1 thing my users are hounding me about since switching from VB3 to XF. Seems such a small thing but with the way things are so social these days, it is a big deal to them.

Top Bottom