@username suggestions: Suggest the most active users first

TheBigK

I was wondering if it'd be more useful if the suggestions made by the '@' username tag, as we type can be sorted on the basis of the most active users being displayed first; if the suggestion returns longer list? Let me explain -

Let's say there are several users on your site with name 'Mike'. Now as I start typing 'M..i..k..', the system starts offering suggestions for possible users I'd like to tag. Can this list be filtered on the basis of users who're most active? Because these users are likely to be tagged often.

On our board, there are several users with name 'Abhishek' - one of the common names here in India. If I want to tag our moderator 'Abhishek', he's displayed at the bottom of the suggestions list, even though he's the only one who's active and gets tagged frequently.

Or even better - most frequently tagged people may be displayed first in the list - provided the first three letter match their usernames. :)

Upvote 27
Good suggestion. I'd like to see "most active" since you would be more likely to tag this person before someone that hasn't been active. Definitely should be implemented if it's possible imo. +1

This is a great idea. I have members with lots of similar names and it would be great to show the ones that ar most active first.

Top Bottom