1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Username issue

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by billybatz9, Jan 21, 2014.

1. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

The usernames last part is getting hidden as you can see. Is there a way so that it can show the full username? Untitled.png

2. James

James Well-Known Member

This is a styling issue as the userinfo block hasn't been made to expand or wrap text.

We'd need to see your style to identify the error.

3. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

is there a way in the admin control pannel to correct this? To expand or wrap text?

4. James

James Well-Known Member

You'll need to edit the template message_user_info and related CSS template(s).

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

We cannot be psychic and tell you how to fix your malfunctioning style from a screenshot. A link is required.

Amaury likes this.
  6. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Their name is coming through fine on my screen:
    Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 10.21.23 AM.png

8. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

His name is "SouthCentralFeeders"

Adam Howard likes this.
  9. Null

Null Well-Known Member

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Are you wanting it to wrap to a second line (which looks kinda cruddy)? Otherwise increase the width of your block to fit the maximum number of characters you allow (and if you allow 20-25 then you gonna have a BIG block).
    You are looking at at least 140px width for that with that username to be on one line AND you will also have to edit the message block to make adjustments.

11. billybatz9

billybatz9 Active Member

Should i limit the characters a member is allowed to put as a username?

12. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Depends on whether you want to expand the block, shrink the font size or fit in current area. If the latter, then yes - you will need to figure out how many characters. On one of my forums it's 15, on another 18.