1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Username color

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Ashley S, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Ashley S

Ashley S Member

Is there an add-on for username color based on posts and it resets when a user doesn't post much etc?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Brogan has a user criteria add-on that you can use to base promotions on.

3. Ashley S

Ashley S Member

Does it reset username color though if they don't post much etc?
    The Admin Zone has it when you reach 50 posts I think you get a green name but resets after a while. @Brogan

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  4. James

James Well-Known Member

Yes you just promote the user to the new usergroup with that colour as a higher display priority.

5. Ashley S

Ashley S Member

Not sure if you know what I mean :p?
    Does this add-on come with a timer kinda thing you don't post etc your usergroup color gets taken away from you? TAZ has it.

6. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

it is more like ranking

7. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

TAZ has an active users usergroup, if you post X amount of times in X period, it'll rank you up. A cron task is ran to recheck group promotions, and if you no longer meet the criteria you are removed from the group.

It's a simple usergroup with group styling properties and a higher priority than "Registered".

8. Ashley S

Ashley S Member

So it's not an add-on?

9. James

James Well-Known Member

No. You might need an addon if you require specific criteria but I'm sure XF by default lets you use the criteria of "user has posted X posts in Y days" - I could be wrong though.

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Indeed you are incorrect. Brogan's CTA Criteria add-on adds this feature.

11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

The Sandman, Kirk and ozzy47 like this.
  12. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

No need to roll your own to watch the colors change. Just visit TAZ and make x posts in y days, then slack off for a bit, then catch up... etc..

Robust likes this.