XF 1.2 Usergroups

tommydamic68

I really need an understanding to sort this out. I am very confused on how to go about this. My user groups listed below are from the import from VB. there are many. There are also "new members" and "active members" whom are not eveN in the list of anything O N xenforo but some of the mebers are this user group? What is the easiest way to utilize the current use rgroups with the xenforo points system? delete all user groups i currently have? where and what name are the default Xenforo user ? Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 8.42.45 PM.webp groups? please help!

Administrative, unregistered / unconfirmed, registered, and moderating are default groups. However, I'm not sure what you're asking for the rest.

You might need to rethink your groups now you've imported into Xenforo - do you really need that many?

Firstly, everyone should have the Registered group as their primary one. After that, you add folk to other groups, making these secondary. Which secondary group or groups they are in will depend on what additional permissions you want them to have.

If you've not read it already, take a look at Brogan's guide http://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

Once you've done that, sit down and work out the groups that you will need. From there you can then decide whether you just modify the existing groups and delete some un-needed ones (the most likely scenario) or if you're going to scrap the lot and start again.

Don't forget, the Moderator and Administrator groups are only for forum permissions, being in these groups doesn't make anyone a moderator or administrator. You can only do this by adding them in ACP > Users in Moderators and Administrators.

Where it confuses me is there are members called active and new member - what usergroup is this - i don't see it, it even made one member name a very light gray color.

All members are "registered." I have removed many user title lists. Question, if i have a member that i want to be promoted from new member to lets say, premium member, is there user promotion the right answer, i chose the if member is part of this group "registered" and "post is at least x"Add user to user groups: member premium. However - it didn't change their user title even after clearing cache.

Two things to check with your promotion:

Did the user actually get promoted? i.e. do they have "member premium" added as a secondary usergroup"?
For the "member premium" usergroup, make sure the Display Styling Priority (in ACP > Users > List User Groups > "member premium") is set to a higher value than that in the Registered group. I'm assuming here that you have banner titles set to display only one banner rather than multiple ones.

Two things to check with your promotion:

Did the user actually get promoted? i.e. do they have "member premium" added as a secondary usergroup"?
For the "member premium" usergroup, make sure the Display Styling Priority (in ACP > Users > List User Groups > "member premium") is set to a higher value than that in the Registered group. I'm assuming here that you have banner titles set to display only one banner rather than multiple ones.
Sorry, what do you mean by set to a higher value? What is the value you re referring to.

Top Bottom