Usergroups is kicking my ass, help with mass moving users from one group to another.

Ruven

I imported from vb4, and the usergroups seem to be all out of whack.
Some of my supermods cant even post without their posts being moderated.
I want to eliminate some very large groups with hundreds of members and merge them into a larger group with a few thousand.
Also cant find the option to show all users in a particular group, or pretty much any info at all about who is in a particular group.

I imported from vb4, and the usergroups seem to be all out of whack.
Some of my supermods cant even post without their posts being moderated.
I want to eliminate some very large groups with hundreds of members and merge them into a larger group with a few thousand.
Also cant find the option to show all users in a particular group, or pretty much any info at all about who is in a particular group.

You can search for users and select the usergroup setting you need and it will return an ordered list.

If you delete a user group then primary members of that group will be moved to the default Registered group (user_group_id 2). If you want to move those users to a different group then you can run a query like this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/want-to-mass-move-members-to-a-different-group.6600/

Here is a query you can use to show how many users are in each group (primary members only):

Code:
SELECT u.user_group_id, ug.title, COUNT(*) AS numberOfUsers
FROM xf_user AS u
LEFT JOIN xf_user_group AS ug ON (ug.user_group_id = u.user_group_id)
GROUP BY u.user_group_id

Some areas of the software are lacking polish at this early beta stage. In the meantime you can use queries to perform many tasks. Let me know if you need help with any other tasks.

If you delete a user group then primary members of that group will be moved to the default Registered group (user_group_id 2). If you want to move those users to a different group then you can run a query like this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/want-to-mass-move-members-to-a-different-group.6600/

Here is a query you can use to show how many users are in each group (primary members only):

Code:
SELECT u.user_group_id, ug.title, COUNT(*) AS numberOfUsers
FROM xf_user AS u
LEFT JOIN xf_user_group AS ug ON (ug.user_group_id = u.user_group_id)
GROUP BY u.user_group_id

Some areas of the software are lacking polish at this early beta stage. In the meantime you can use queries to perform many tasks. Let me know if you need help with any other tasks.
Ok, thats a nice bit of info.
Thanks.

Top Bottom