XF 1.5 usergroup promotion basic guidance

Veston

If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it

To have full access to my message board you have to be a donating member. When I was using Vbulletin, I would start a member off in the registered usergroup, immediately have him promoted based on time (0 days) to a 15 day trial usergroup (which game him enough access to see if he liked the board and was willing to donate for full access), after 15 days the member was promoted to a usergroup with no real access.

Under the Xenforo setup I can't figure out how to make this work. Using time as a method of promotion, All members start out in the registered usergroup, after 1 day they are promoted to the 15 day trial secondary usergroup which has enough access to see what the message board is all about, after 15 days the member is promoted to the low access secondary usergroup. What I found happening is when the member is promoted to the low access usergroup, he is also a member of the 15 day trial secondary usergroup, so now the guy who should have limited to no access still has access from the 15 day trial secondary usergroup. I'm trying to figure out how to make the 15 day trial usergroup go away or uncheck itself

Thanks - Veston

There is no trial period time criteria in Xenforo 's User Group Promotions as far as I am aware.
Don't get caught up on the word trial, what I'm trying to do is move a member through 2 secondary usergroup promotions and when the member meets the time criteria of the second promotion, the first promotion goes away.

Thanks

You can use the "User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups" criterion for the first promotion, and set it to the user group which is applied for the second promotion.

So once the member meets the requirements for the second promotion and is promoted to the associated user group, they will no longer meet the requirements for the first promotion and will be removed from that user group.

You can use the "User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups" criterion for the first promotion, and set it to the user group which is applied for the second promotion.

So once the member meets the requirements for the second promotion and is promoted to the associated user group, they will no longer meet the requirements for the first promotion and will be removed from that user group.
Thank you very much :)

Veston

Top Bottom