XF 1.5 Usergroup Post color

Xyphien

Alright. Not sure if any of you have ever seen the runescape forums. If a Jagex Mod(admin) posts their background is gold. If a forum mod posts their background is a nice green.

So, for example, when you post right now the post is white:

upload_2015-8-2_11-33-16.webp

I'd like it so if for example couchred123 was a VIP member his post would have a gold tent to it. Something like this:

Untitled-2.webp

This was done in photoshop, and just thrown together, but something along those lines where you can make the background of the post for a specific usergroup be a different color. Is there any way to do this?

There is a "staff" class by default you can use in the CSS but that does both admin/moderators. To do anymore you would need to add a conditional to separate admins and mods.

Example with the staff class.
oQHnWVW.png

@Xyphien you can also make a custom template edit to the template messages to include a CSS class along the lines of "group_GroupName" to apply special styling for groups which aren't staff. Best of luck!

In case anyone didn't know how to do this (I totally was lost for a bit!) you'd edit message(s) and on line 4 inbetween the staff code and the ignored code and add something like this

Code:
{xen:if '{xen:helper ismemberof, $message, X}', 'donator'}
X being Usergroup ID

Then in your Extra.css you'd add

Code:
.message.donator {
    background-color: colorcodehere;
}

For my site I added an image to the top right so it looks like
JGsT1TP.png

If you get confused hit me up! Would be glad to show ya how to do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom