XF 1.5 Usergroup + Node Permissions

Peace

We'll be migrating from vB4 to xF soon (so excited!) and we're trying to keep the downtime as brief as possible.

The style is made, the plugins are ready, the admin settings are good to go. My problem is usergroup + node permissions.

When I import, I bring my vB usergroup and forum permissions over which are (mostly) correct. But a bunch of stuff needs to be changed (especially plugin permissions). This takes hours to configure and test across so many usergroups + nodes.

I'd love to just configure all my usergroups / node permissions ahead of time, test them extensively, and have them ready to go (like a style).

Any ideas on best practices for this?

Thanks!

It's possible but you would have to create the user groups in XF and set up the permissions accordingly, then once the import is complete, you could use the Batch Update Users function to find members in the equivalent imported user groups and add them to the user groups you created.

Then you can delete the imported user groups.

Take a backup before you do anything, to avoid repeating work: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/

It's possible but you would have to create the user groups in XF and set up the permissions accordingly, then once the import is complete, you could use the Batch Update Users function to find members in the equivalent imported user groups and add them to the user groups you created.

Then you can delete the imported user groups.

Take a backup before you do anything, to avoid repeating work: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/
Ah that is a great idea!! Thank you as always for the speedy replies here @Brogan - we will owe you big time if this migration goes smoothly :)

I should also add that if you create user groups and nodes in XF before importing, you won't be able to retain IDs.

You would also need to use the Batch Update Threads tool to move the threads from the imported VB nodes to the new XF nodes.

Top Bottom