Usergroup colour on topic list

sitwi

Hi guys,

I know this has been asked extensively in the past, but I can't find anything recent, not any previous solution.

I'm looking for a simple change of colour for usergroups in the topic list, i.e. the poster's name to change colour in last post, and under the topic.

e.g. in picture attached. The usergroup CSS is styled, and appears everywhere that I'd expect, except here.

(Better yet, change the colour across the site, but these two instances are vital to me!)

Thanks very much for anybody's time.

Attachments

• vic.webp
    vic.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 95
For the thread author:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_list_item

Add the red code:

Rich (BB code):
			<div class="secondRow">
				<div class="posterDate muted">
					<xen:username user="$thread" rich="true" title="{xen:phrase thread_starter}" />,
					<a{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, ' href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"'} class="faint"><xen:datetime time="$thread.post_date" title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}" /></a><xen:if is="{$showForumLink}">,
					<a href="{xen:link forums, $thread.forum}" class="forumLink">{$thread.forum.title}</a></xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$showLastPageNumbers} AND {$thread.lastPageNumbers}">
						<span class="itemPageNav">
							<span>...</span>
							<xen:foreach loop="$thread.lastPageNumbers" value="$pageNumber">
								<a href="{xen:link threads, $thread, 'page={$pageNumber}'}">{$pageNumber}</a>
							</xen:foreach>
						</span>
					</xen:if>
				</div>

But there is no such edit for the last poster:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...message-area-get-data-needed-via-addon.32763/

Thank you Shelley. Yesterday I watched this resource, but for such small things I did not want to install another plugin :)
This plug-in would have been nice if it was not necessary to change the templates.

Thank you Shelley. Yesterday I watched this resource, but for such small things I did not want to install another plugin :)
This plug-in would have been nice if it was not necessary to change the templates.

I use the Xenforo TM to eliminate the template edits which works very well since I want the same usergroup colours to span across all styles and it works very well. It saved me from making multiple edits across styles and well worth it I honestly think you should consider it. And I agree they are little changes but the impact they make are significant and can add to your style (visuals) which you can see at my site. Well worth considering using imo. :)

Top Bottom