User wants to trade license with known warez user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad.

Hi there,

I have a user who wants to transfer their audentio products license to a known warez user. Am I under any obligation to do so? I would rather just deny the user the right to trade since he is affiliated with these users. I don't want to seem unfair though, but I don't want my work going directly to a warez vendor.

Thanks,
Mike

Have you tried to explain it to the current license holder? Another thing to consider would be "buying" his license back, if you want to go that far. That's about the most fair thing I can think of (edit: if your license agreement doesn't cover you denying the transfer).

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have a user who wants to transfer their audentio products license to a known warez user. Am I under any obligation to do so? I would rather just deny the user the right to trade since he is affiliated with these users. I don't want to seem unfair though, but I don't want my work going directly to a warez vendor.

Thanks,
Mike

I'd assume the person would just share it and distribute it. I don't think you are under any obligation to do so. What do you have in your license agreement in relation to transfers? Do you normally allow license transfers?

I seem the be the "warez distributor" in question. The thing is, I am not a warez distributor, never have been.

Just a heads up, but no posting details/names of known warez and pirate sites please - i.e. bypassing the censor.

They are censored for a reason.

I'm not sure if I've made an account or not since I register on almost all the forums I visit, I most certainly have never posted or distributed any software that has not been legally obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom