1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User wants to trade license with known warez user

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mike Creuzer, Apr 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I have a user who wants to transfer their audentio products license to a known warez user. Am I under any obligation to do so? I would rather just deny the user the right to trade since he is affiliated with these users. I don't want to seem unfair though, but I don't want my work going directly to a warez vendor.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

Have you tried to explain it to the current license holder? Another thing to consider would be "buying" his license back, if you want to go that far. That's about the most fair thing I can think of (edit: if your license agreement doesn't cover you denying the transfer).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Adam Howard likes this.
  3. oman

oman Well-Known Member

I'd assume the person would just share it and distribute it. I don't think you are under any obligation to do so. What do you have in your license agreement in relation to transfers? Do you normally allow license transfers?

Adam Howard and =MGN=RedEagle like this.
  4. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

What's your customer agreement and or ToS and or ToU say?

5. AuxKord

AuxKord Member

I seem the be the "warez distributor" in question. The thing is, I am not a warez distributor, never have been.

6. Mike Creuzer

Anyone who holds an account at ******.info is immediately thrown on the "I do not have to serve you" list.

Dan and Sheldon like this.
  7. AuxKord

AuxKord Member

What site?

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just a heads up, but no posting details/names of known warez and pirate sites please - i.e. bypassing the censor.

They are censored for a reason.

9. Mike Creuzer

Brogan, I made my decision, can you close/preferably delete this please? Sorry.

Adam Howard likes this.
  10. AuxKord

AuxKord Member

I'm not sure if I've made an account or not since I register on almost all the forums I visit, I most certainly have never posted or distributed any software that has not been legally obtained.

11. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

12. AuxKord

AuxKord Member

That was not me, that was the guy that wanted to transfer it to me.

13. Mike Creuzer

Adam Howard likes this.
  14. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Style and add-on developers are perfectly within their rights to decide who they do and don't want to do business with.

Closed at the request of the thread author.

Adam Howard, Amaury, Chris D and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.