XF 1.4 User Upgrades

Hi,
We had a member purchase an upgrade last night, and the payment has appeared in our paypal transactions and the recurring payment has also been set up successfully. However the actual upgrade has not been applied. Nothing showed in the transaction log in xenforo.
I went in and applied it manually, but would like to know what caused this, and if it's likely to happen again.
The upgrade has been set up correctly as it has been purchased successfully in the past.
Also, since I did the upgrade manually, what happens at the end of the subscription? Will it need to be applied manually again?
This also led me to wonder how this works in general, say someone cancels their subscription at paypal, is this fed back to xenforo and the upgrade automatically removed?
Thanks

If nothing showed in the transaction log, then your server wasn't hit by PayPal. You mentioned that this has been purchased successfully in the past. Can you confirm that IPNs are still enabled in PayPal? If so, can you check the IPN history (https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history)?

Also, since I did the upgrade manually, what happens at the end of the subscription? Will it need to be applied manually again?
Manual applications don't recur, so you would need to apply it again.

This also led me to wonder how this works in general, say someone cancels their subscription at paypal, is this fed back to xenforo and the upgrade automatically removed?
Well if they cancel their subscription, that just stops the recurrence; it doesn't invalidate what they've already paid for. XF will let it expire naturally. If they actually chargeback/get refunded, the upgrade will be cancelled immediately.

Top Bottom