XF 1.2 User upgrades/promotions not properly applying

WhoIsDo

Recently, I setup a user account upgrade that would promote a user to a new user group. After purchasing the upgrade, I set the display priority for the new group to be incredibly high so that the new user group is the "dominant" one.

After each purchase, users aren't being automatically added to this user group. In fact, I get an e-mail saying it was successful... but it doesn't show in the "active user upgrades" section that they purchased it. Any idea why this may not be working properly?

Check the xf_user_upgrade_log table. Is there any record of the transaction? The record may contain a specific error message if there was a problem. If there is no record of the transaction then make sure the payment completed (in your paypal account). Also check these things:

1) Make sure your board URL is correct:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

2) Note that the paypal callbacks don't work if your forum is behind a htaccess login.

Or it's possible Paypal simply failed to send the callback. That happens sometimes in which case you can manually upgrade the user in the Admin CP.

I checked the xf_user_upgrade_log table and it's not returning any results. After looking at Paypal, the transactions are working & completing there.

Any ideas?

Possible:

1) Wrong Board URL.

2) Your forum directory is password protected which would block the callback.

3) Or Paypal just failed to send the callback which happens sometimes.

Possible:

1) Wrong Board URL.

2) Your forum directory is password protected which would block the callback.

3) Or Paypal just failed to send the callback which happens sometimes.

Looking at those three options, I don't see either of the first two problems. What's the best way to check the third? All 5 instances of this upgrade have all had the same issue described in the first post.

Are you sure that IPN callbacks have been enabled in PayPal? (You need to enable it in your account and enter a URL -- any URL -- for the callback to happen.)

Are you sure that IPN callbacks have been enabled in PayPal? (You need to enable it in your account and enter a URL -- any URL -- for the callback to happen.)

I didn't have the correct callback URL. I've fixed that now, so hopefully it'll work when the next upgrade is purchased. Thank you both for your help!

Top Bottom