1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 User Upgrades Import

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Floyd R Turbo, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Well-Known Member

I'm doing a DNN -> XF conversion and I'm in the final stages. I have an existing membership structure with expiration dates and I am able to build the xf_user_upgrade_active table manually and import it, no problem. The issue is that the upgrade automatically adds a user to the user group "Paid Member" when you add a user manually or if they purchase the upgrade, but there I cannot seem to find a cron that I can run or a cache that I can rebuild to cause a member who had an upgrade added through SQL to be added to this group. Can this be done this way or am I stuck manually adding each member to the group after uploading the table?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's really more than that. You can't just add the user to the group as there are a number of other tables involved, most notably the user group change log table. I could really only recommend upgrading the users via the control panel (or with full code to trigger the built in methods).
  3. Floyd R Turbo

Well, I'm kind of stuck doing what I can do. For instance, I had to manually re-build the columns in the xf_user table by pulling apart the MSSQL table for user group membership and then uisng Excel, DigDB and Notepad++ to form it into an importable .CSV file as I described in this thread

And this worked, I did this on a dry-run conversion 6 months ago and no problems. But I never did the user upgrades. I guess I'll have to do it the hard way if there is no simple way to run a job that looks at the users with upgrades and checks to make sure they are in the user group. I thought it would be sort of like the user group promotions where it would check "if user has paid upgrade, add to user group" but I guess that's the point of the user upgrade function....
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

With promotions, it actually checks "do they meet the criteria". If you were to actually give a user a promotion (in the log table), it wouldn't add anything as it thought the user already had it. That's roughly what you're doing by inserting the upgrade directly.
  5. Floyd R Turbo

Yeah, I figured that, but I was looking for a more automatic way of creating all the upgrades/dates...oh well

If I had figured this out in advance, I would have narrowed the user group membership down to only the 'active' paid members - the table I was pulling all that from had 700+ people in the group, plus an expiration date, so I would have had to re-do that whole operation just to cause 230 people to show up right.

Instead I just batch updated everyone out of the group them manually added them all, only a few hundred so it only took a few hours.