XF 2.2 User upgrades + bonus

Nicolas FR

Hello,
I have a user upgrade that lasts 12 months for an amount. During the World Cup I do a kind of promotion and I increased the duration of the subscription (for the same amount) by 6 months, so a total of 18 months. A user has subscribed and therefore his subscription end date is April 2024. At the end of the World Cup if I put the duration back to 12 months this user will not be impacted, right?
Thanks.

Solution
Yes you can put it back to 12 and new users will be at 12. It's always determined at the processor level currently with XF, so it's basically like a lifetime price.
The renewal terms are set at the processer level. Whatever you add is not affecting it. If you add 20 years it will still renew in a year. If they cancel they will just have 20 years to use. But they would have to cancel to use it.

Unfortunately XF is using a legacy API called Website Payments, let's hope 2.3 has the new API so this could be controlled at the website level.

That is correct The user will renew at 18 months until it is canceled. I thought you would want it to return to 12 after the promo which is not possible. They are forever at 18. If that's what you wanted, great!

Ok, so I was surprised by the functionality and the goal was not for the user to benefit from a renewal every 18 months, I imagined 18 months then after 12 months, 12 months, 12 months... but it does not matter I grant it, by force but with pleasure, nothing serious here.
So I can at the end of the World Cup put the validity back to 12 months without there being a negative impact for this user and those who will have subscribed by then, I understood correctly?

Yes you can put it back to 12 and new users will be at 12. It's always determined at the processor level currently with XF, so it's basically like a lifetime price.

Solution
Top Bottom