XF 1.2 User Upgrades and credit cards

Dakis

I'm trying to setup user upgrades for a new forum I'm building, and I've set everything up to the point where the user can click on the subscribe button and is then taken to paypal to make payment. But when he's transferred to paypal, he's being asked to sign in with his paypal account, and if he doesn't have one, he needs to create one to pay.

Since paypal business accounts permit to receive payments through credit cards without the customer to have a paypal account, is there something I need to do for this to work with xenforo or is it simply a limitation of xenforo ?

I'm trying to setup user upgrades for a new forum I'm building, and I've set everything up to the point where the user can click on the subscribe button and is then taken to paypal to make payment. But when he's transferred to paypal, he's being asked to sign in with his paypal account, and if he doesn't have one, he needs to create one to pay.

Since paypal business accounts permit to receive payments through credit cards without the customer to have a paypal account, is there something I need to do for this to work with xenforo or is it simply a limitation of xenforo ?

If it is a subscription, a paypal account is needed so the user can be billed every month. If it isn't a subscription, an account is not needed.

Actually, paypal still asks for people from my country (greece) to make a paypal account :(

If I pick another country like Australia, it allows me to pay directly with credit card.

Damn it paypal :(

There are other bridges for payment processing you might consider outside of PayPal. We've had success with the Authorize.net bridge as we got tired of the PayPal confusion as well.

Actually, paypal still asks for people from my country (greece) to make a paypal account :(

If I pick another country like Australia, it allows me to pay directly with credit card.

Damn it paypal :(

Some countries are required to use a PayPal account, as per PayPal's policies.

Top Bottom