Resource icon

User Upgrade Permissions [Paid] 2.1.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

User Upgrade Permissions - User Upgrades limited to specific user groups.

This add-on allows you to select user groups which are able to purchase each upgrade. The user must be in at least one of the groups allowed, and must not be a member of the 'not allowed' groups. If they aren't, the upgrade will not be visible to them.

This makes it possible to have hierarchical upgrades, upgrades exclusively for trusted members, etc...

View attachment 184546

Read more about this resource...

Xon updated User Upgrade Permissions with a new update entry:

2.0.1 - Bugfix update

• Ensure a purchased upgrade is applied after receiving payment (aka ignore the canPurchase check run when applying an upgrade).
    • The canPurchase was unexpectedly running under the guest user which produced incorrect outcomes when applying 'usable by user groups'.
    • It is strongly recommended that a manual audit of monthly user upgrades is done to verify the upgrade was applied, and if not apply a manual upgrade with the expected start/end date.

Read the rest of this update entry...

So if I use this addon and use these options for a particular upgrade with a recurring payment, it will allow people who previously did the upgrade to continue it while disallowing anyone new from choosing the upgrade?

So if I use this addon and use these options for a particular upgrade with a recurring payment, it will allow people who previously did the upgrade to continue it while disallowing anyone new from choosing the upgrade?

View attachment 190522
Yes, it will prevent people from purchasing new instances but allow existing upgrades. With Expiring User Upgrades it allows that to "extend" an upgrade (expired or otherwise) with each time paypal notifies of a payment has been made

Just a quick update on this running 2.2 beta 1
Server error log
  • Exception: Could not find class SV\UserUpgradePermissions\XF\Repository\UserUpgrade when attempting to extend XF\Repository\UserUpgrade
  • src/XF/Extension.php:174
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • 7/23/20 at 1:42 PM

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(255): XF\Extension->extendClass()
#1 src/XF/App.php(2685): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getRepository()
#2 src/XF.php(764): XF\App->repository()
#3 src/XF/Cron/CleanUp.php(187): XF::repository()
#4 [internal function]: XF\Cron\CleanUp::runUserDowngrade()
#5 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func()
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\Cron->run()
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal()
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry()
#9 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue()
#10 {main}

This implies you might have wiped the files?

Can you try running the user downgrade task from the admincp? Something silly might have been run during the installer context.

This implies you might have wiped the files?

Can you try running the user downgrade task from the admincp? Something silly might have been run during the installer context.
I reinstalled it and it seems to be working fine. Will keep an eye on this.

Just want to confirm that this update is just to use Standard library. Is there any reason for people to upgrade to this version instead of the previous one where you don't need to install the extra library?

Previous versions aren't supported, and all my add-ons are migrating to using that StandardLib add-on?

I've been doing this update pattern for nearly 6 months now

Top Bottom