1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on User Upgrade Page Update

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by KozmoK, Dec 2, 2011.

  1. KozmoK

    KozmoK Active Member

    I need someone to make a addon or template mod that will change the layout of the User Upgrades.

    I'd like to use HTML for the description so I can do all of the things listed below. If this is not possible, then I'd like to be able to have a different layout:
    Upgrade Name
    Upgrade Desc
    Picture (small product Picture)
    QTY in months
    Price - Sum of QTY
    And the purchase button

    I have about 15 of these here is snapshot of the boring way I use now: http://screensnapr.com/v/dBfZ2D.png

    I do not want to make a Seperate Upgrade for 1month,2month,3month - That just looks terrible. I was hoping to incorporate this into the payment processor so that it would know how the length of upgrade based on the response back.

    Give me a estimate of $

    lasertits likes this.
  2. KozmoK

    KozmoK Active Member

    BUMP... No interest in this? Im offering $100, and they obtain all rights, and can release it to the public or re-sale it if they wish.
  3. lasertits

    lasertits Active Member

    I'd love to have some more control with the account upgrades. An addon such as the one described in the OP would be quite useful in my case. I hope you find someone to take it on. Good luck. :coffee:
  4. KozmoK

    KozmoK Active Member

    No takers yet... My budget just increased to $150 for this project.

    I took a look at the paypal controller, and it does support qty field - so it shouldnt be too difficult to incorporate a qty (instead of having a sub for 1 month, 2 month, 3...)
  5. KozmoK

    KozmoK Active Member

    Update, I was able to get QTY to work by modifying some templates.. know I need to make a add-on with these so I dont have to upload each time xenforo updates.
    Operator likes this.
  6. Robbo

    Robbo Well-Known Member

    This is something that would work well for a temporary solution for me. So consider this watched and when I get some spare time I'll send you a PC.
  7. KozmoK

    KozmoK Active Member

    Thanks to another member here, I was able to get HTML to work for the description, and now i'm able to add images

  8. lasertits

    lasertits Active Member

    Mind sharing what one has to do so HTML can be used? Even just pointing me in the right direction would be great. Thanks. :)
  9. Andy.N

    Andy.N Well-Known Member

    Yes, would like to know how to use HTML in the description.
  10. KozmoK

    KozmoK Active Member

    It was Syndol who told me to try (account_upgrades template):

    <div class="upgradeMain">
        <h4 class="title">{$upgrade.title}</h4>
        <xen:if is="{$upgrade.description}">
            <div class="description">{xen:raw $upgrade.description}</div>
    Here is the latest with the Quantity Select added:

    lasertits likes this.
  11. Deepmartini

    Deepmartini Well-Known Member

    How about a mod that requires payment upfront upon user registration? Right now you have to join as a free member then upgrade. It's totally backwards when you run a paid members only site.
  12. KozmoK

    KozmoK Active Member

    basically 90% of my site is paid only, I like to keep the other 10% for future members to ask pre-sales questions, engage in conversations, etc.
  13. KozmoK

    KozmoK Active Member

    Just an Update.

    I hired Syndol to do my coupon discount template edit.. I must say he did a fantastic job.

    They are direct template edits with an addon. Here is a pic: http://screensnapr.com/v/wugUuW.png

    It uses single use coupons - that I give to my resellers. I am so happy!

    Thanks again Syndol, it was a pleasure working with you.

    Syndol likes this.
  14. Robbo

    Robbo Well-Known Member

    Yeah he is a great coder. One of the few on XenForo that I would hire or partner with.

    Do you actually make much money selling hacks? I find that amusing. And cool :p
    Fuhrmann likes this.
  15. KozmoK

    KozmoK Active Member

    Its big buisness - I am one of the top 5 sites - and im pretty small at only 578 subscriptions (per month). PC gaming is making a come back since consoles are limited in memory and graphic capabilities, larger maps etc.

Share This Page