User Upgrade Conversation

User Upgrade Conversation 1.6

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

User Upgrade Conversation - Sends a Conversation when a member does a User Upgrade.

Description:

Sends a Conversation when a member does a User Upgrade.

(Example of Conversation)

View attachment 106611

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 106612

Features:

Message can use two variables for personalization, {username} and {board_title}.

How this add-on works:

Every 10 minutes a Cron Entry will run and send Conversations(s) to any member who has upgraded.

Questions and Answers:

Q: Will a Conversation be sent to the...

Read more about this resource...

Hi AndyB,

I am not sure why but I just upgraded three users manually (won a forum competition) and it sent them the conversation however, it had the wrong username in the conversation. A member just replied to it showing me that it showed 'David' rather than his username. I did also upgrade a user named David.

Now sure if its causing a conflict but I use Conversation Essentials if that helps and have no error to provide, thanks.

Hey @AndyB is there anyway to use this for certain user upgrade?

I want to send some info to my VIP members only.

Edit: Thanks got it working. :D

Edit 2: For feature reference here's how I got it working (solution by @AndyB):

AndyB said:
You could edit the PHP code by adding one line of code.

Andy/UserUpgradeConversation/CronEntry/UserUpgradeConversation.php

Original
PHP:
        // run query
        $data = $db->fetchCol("
        SELECT user_upgrade_id
        FROM xf_user_upgrade
        WHERE recurring = 0
        ");

Edited
PHP:
        // run query
        $data = $db->fetchCol("
        SELECT user_upgrade_id
        FROM xf_user_upgrade
        WHERE recurring = 0
        AND extra_group_ids = X
        ");

X = the VIP secondary group ID.

Last edited:
Question Andy: Our member upgrades are in subscription form. So does the member get a new conversation each time the membership renews (we have monthly, annual, etc.)??

Is it possible to send an alert/PM/mail to the admin (or an email address) everytime a user upgrades? and when a user upgrade expires?
Thanks @AndyB

If I install this addon today, will it send a PM to users who did account upgrades in the past, or just the users who do the upgrade in the future?

AndyB updated User Upgrade Conversation with a new update entry:

See description

On Jan 1, 2016 version 1.6 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection vulnerability. If you are still using a version of this add-on which is below 1.6 or released before Jan 1, 2016 then it is essential that you update to the latest version of the add-on as soon as possible to fix this security issue. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom