Resource icon

User titles based on message count 1.1

No permission to download
I was under the impression that we were supposed to setup addon-usergroups w/ promotions based on things like message count & new user titles

That's one way of doing it, but there is already built in functionality for user titles based on trophy points, which is much easier to use than user promotions. I've simply replaced trophy_points with message_count in function that calculates it.

This add-on works great.

You should add details in the add-on's description as of what exactly it does, and how.

Details about what? Did you read description?
XenForo awards titles based on trophy points. This add-on changes forum behavior to award titles based on message count.
Also, this post explains everything:
That's one way of doing it, but there is already built in functionality for user titles based on trophy points, which is much easier to use than user promotions. I've simply replaced trophy_points with message_count in function that calculates it.

@Arty
Using XF 1.2.0 beta 3

Template Errors: forum_list
Declaration of ArtyUserTitles_TemplateHelperCore::helperUserTitle() should be compatible with that of XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserTitle() in /home/forum/public_html/upcoming-demo/library/ArtyUserTitles/TemplateHelperCore.php, line 3

is this add-on modifying or altering database?
in case I removed this add-on in the future, will my XF back to normal?

Hi Arty, thanks for the quick response (y)
Do I have to rebuild by user caches after installing this add-on? o_O

No. This add-on is very simple, it only replaces function that calculates titles. It doesn't change templates or database or anything else.

Perfect! It suits my desire (y)
Please support this add-on to be compatible with future releases of XF (e.g. v1.2, etc..) ;)

Last edited:
Is it OK to ignore this on XF 1.2 RC1?
PHP:
Template Errors: thread_view
Declaration of ArtyUserTitles_TemplateHelperCore::helperUserTitle() should be compatible with that of XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserTitle() in /home/phcorner/public_html/library/ArtyUserTitles/TemplateHelperCore.php, line 3
Or I should disable this addon temporarily?

Top Bottom