• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

User Status Ribbons (based on Usergroups)

For anyone who wants to use this a little easier, then you can use this quick mod I did, which enables you to use Jaxels user ribbons and control them via the style properties. I included the ability to have four controlled... not sure anyone would want that many, but four nonetheless.

Still have to do template edit in message_user_info, add:

<xen:if is="@jaxelUserRanksActive"><xen:include template="jaxel_userranks" /></xen:if>

Above:

<xen:if is="!{$isQuickReply}">

Then install the attached .xml as an addon.

This won't matter what XF version you run, as its styled uniquely using its own templates, so upgrades won't affect it other than the template edit above, which I find easier to manage than dumping lots of code into a template directly.

View attachment 21480

View attachment 21479

I did try to achieve this using the hook system, but couldn't work out how to parse the correct parameters when using hooks, which aren't otherwise required using template edit directly.

If anyone knows how to solve that one, then this mod is also posted @ http://xenforo.com/community/threads/have-no-idea-how-to-get-mod-working.23345/ with the hook in place, that produces the error noted on that thread.

Are You able to make this so that there is an option to add more Ribbons? I am in need of about 20-30 different ones. Not saying Will be used on all one user/member. But different Users are in need of different titles.

This doesn't cater for specific ribbons assigned to users. It is only usergroups. You would have to add user id specific ribbons as per Jaxels original post, and not use the addon version of his work.

This doesn't cater for specific ribbons assigned to users. It is only usergroups. You would have to add user id specific ribbons as per Jaxels original post, and not use the addon version of his work.

That is what i am looking for Have allot if different usergroup about 23 and plan on adding more.

Again... you need to revert back to Jaxels original post on this, and simply add them into the template yourself, not via the combined addon that only caters a limited amount.

Top Bottom