User Search Features Underpowered

yessir

Now maybe I am doing this wrong, but I am pretty frustrated with trying to do deep searches into my userbase.

I want to find users with zero posts, who reg'd in the last year, and who are in a particular usergroup.

Anyone got ideas?

This screen seems like it doesn't have enough options.

Po55I.png

Then I get this screen, which I can't figure out how to see the join dates. Also, there doesn't seem to be any information on this screen, or the previous screen or on the profile administration screen about last user login. Or a link to see all user posts/threads.

wtXRp.png

Now, I love XF, and I have recommended it hundreds of times. But this stuff is a little maddening. Also, why limit the results to 20, but then shorten the scrollbar to fit the vertical height of a super small resolution?

Please guys, clean this up. It's brutal trying to administer users afaict.

There is no way to achieve what you want to achieve using the Admin CP, unfortunately.

You want to see people with zero posts - but the option only allows you to search for users with "at least x posts".

If you put 0 in here, all your users will be shown as every single user has at least 0 posts. It is showing you everyone who has 0 or more posts.

I suggest running this type of query in PHP My Admin if you have it.

You want to run:

Code:
SELECT * FROM `xf_user` WHERE `message_count` = 0

There is no way to achieve what you want to achieve using the Admin CP, unfortunately.
I know, it sucks.

If you put 0 in here, all your users will be shown as every single user has at least 0 posts. It is showing you everyone who has 0 or more posts.
Exactly. The admin is the most underpowered part of XF. I'd like to see stuff like this addressed in the next major version release. I struggle to believe that Big Boards are using this (and I have a decent sized board) and aren't frustrated with the lack of functionality.

I suggest running this type of query in PHP My Admin if you have it.
Thank you, but that only accomplishes one of my three combined variables. Also, I am savvy enough to use PHPMyAdmin, some forum admins may not be as intelligent and talented as I am.

Code:
SELECT * FROM `xf_user` WHERE `message_count` = 0 AND `register_date` > 1309478400

That will show you all users with message count of 0 who registered since July 1st 2011. Primary usergroup is easy, but secondary usergroup isn't as straight forward:

Code:
SELECT * FROM `xf_user` WHERE `message_count` = 0 AND `register_date` > 1309478400 AND `user_group_id` = 1

Top Bottom