User Robbo Review (MercenaryDesign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent W

I assume this is ok since positive reviews of other products and services appear on xenForo.com. With that said, I am completely and utterly disgusted with user Robbo on this forum and his company that he promotes.

On July 30, 2012, Robbo created a post about funding a media gallery for xenForo. I was the first one to reply to that post as this was something I was incredibly excited for and thought it was fantastic considering that development was uncertain at the time for xenForo. It was great that a 3rd party developer was ready to continue to trust and invest in the xenForo community to keep the software alive and going.

So the crowdsourcing project started. I was so excited that I told everyone I know. People that have been in the forum industry for years if not more than a decade.

Here are just a few quotes from some of the people I encouraged to donate to this project via creating a thread on another forum. (Each quote is a different person and each person did donate. We can verify this with Robbo should he wish to break his silence).

I've already sent him some money to support development of his gallery project, but sure I'd send more. Is his kickstarter page up yet?

I'll donate $100

I'm interested. I contributed a little. Thanks for the persistence Brent - I would've forgotten

I'll make a $100 contribution to the cause.

Okay, I donated $50 for this.
ssmile.gif

This is just replies from another community I am a part of. After the project was funded I stayed in the loop and kept in communication with Robbo about the ends and outs.

August 9, 2012 I received this PM from Robbo:

The first test version should be ready some time next week and will just be like an upgraded simple gallery, no user gallerys. Second version will add the user galleries etc. Then lots more.
To date (look at time stamp of this post) there are not user galleries nor are there lots more of anything.

In January of this year (2013) this was posted by him:

It was estimated for 2 months when I expected to reach a higher goal. To put things in perspective I am behind on bills and may be off-line due to the phone getting cut off.

This begins what has become a barrage of excuses, rants and insults towards people who helped fund this project, which is creeping up on 1 year now.

What there is is piss poor attitude from him. I use piss poor because nothing else would get pass the censor system here.

He made this post not long ago which is nothing more than a deflection of responsibility for his inability to maintain his promise toward his investors.

Robbo, you started this entire crowdsourcing project knowing that the future of xenForo was uncertain. You started this knowing your current financial situation at the time. You took our money and you took my trust and you basically took a piss on it all.

Your current attitude is completely ****ed up. You should be communicating with us and the xenForo community and not huffing and puffing about how xenForo developers are responsible for your decisions.

We are pissed and I feel responsible for a few people because I pushed a lot of them your way. This is my response. I have held off longer than others for posting this but I am not happy at all with your demeanor when it comes to interacting with those that put a lot of positive vibes and a lot of money your way.

Please break your silence, own up to your decisions, errors/mistakes and let this be a lesson. Your current direction is not a solution. You have single handily ruined me for recommending people to any Crowdsourcing projects going forward.

We are your customers. It is your job to reach out and communicate to us. Not take our money and dicate the terms in abrasive ways.

I wanted to contribute to Robbo but I saw that he kept delaying the project. So I decided to wait until the product was complete. This really bad news for those who contributed to this project :(

I don't think it should be locked, but it may well. The post Bama made is valid. :) All customers should have the right to express their valid concerns without having the lock message of 'take it to PMs'.

Just saying. ;)

I also remember Bama trying to express his concerns in a shorter thread, but that was locked/deleted as well. :cautious:

Bama's post is legit, whether this thread lives or not is up to XF.com. I wanted to contribute to the fund but it just did not feel right, and the attitude of Robbo of late just confirms my gut feeling about the whole thing from the beginning.

$100 here. The "free" addon comes with it, Ad Manager, did not work on my website. But what can we do :D. Given the attitude of the developer, it is probably safer not to use his addons, even if he ever finishes them (i.e non beta). That is a sunk cost, and I have to move on. Let 's hope that someone make a good gallery addon soon.

I've seen Robbo go on the attack before and get banned on another forum, so when I say in before lock, I mean it cause he might come in here angry as hell.

I've seen Robbo go on the attack before and get banned on another forum, so when I say in before lock, I mean it cause he might come in here angry as hell.

Well I assume the customers are the ones who are supposed to be angry. :LOL:

Reactions: MrC

He is more than welcome to defend himself and his actions. What I am sick of is reading his abrasive and selfish comments after taking my money and people who I consider friends money. He can figure out a way to contact me.

Well I assume the customers are the ones who are supposed to be angry. :LOL:
LOL. My worry is: some other developers are probably holding back starting a gallery project for fear that Robbo's addon might be out anytime. He's killing two birds with one stone, the customer and the developer :LOL:.

LOL. My worry is: some other developers are probably holding back starting a gallery project for fear that Robbo's addon might be out anytime. He's killing two birds with one stone, the customer and the developer :LOL:.
There's at least one other gallery add-on being worked on.

There's at least one other gallery add-on being worked on.
I noticed that but I will wait until the blog (being developed by the same author?) has finished first before getting my hope up :D (purchased the blog already, by the way).

I noticed that but I will wait until the blog (being developed by the same author?) has finished first before getting my hope up :D (purchased the blog already, by the way).
I actually didn't mean XI Galleria, but someone elses.

Also Galleria is by KingKovifor, not by Onimua.

Photopost has had xenforo integration for about two years now. XFRUserAlbums + User Albums More is better than Photopost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom