User Robbo Review (MercenaryDesign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photopost isn't an option for me. They have integrated Photopost with xenForo already though. I can't stand their code or their customer support. Just me.

My beef (hence the thread topic) is with the person who took $2,000 to produce what I could hack together with little experience in the same amount of time that it has taken to make it happen.

He simply has to answer for is behavior and his commitments and needs to understand that he does not dictate the process and that customers do. All we needed was honesty and we got a lot of hostility instead.

PhotoPost is way too bloated The code is just awfull, buggy and the "integration" a joke. I didn't like it with vBulletin and won't like it with XF.

IMHO the already included attachments feature of XF should be expanded to a tightly integrated media gallery. I know this is being worked on. Just a matter of time. Current "XFRUserAlbums + User Albums More" is still the best solution. To bad that this developer also remains silent and absent.

Regarding Robbo: Sorry for all who have lost something. I don't think that he did it intentionally.

Photopost isn't an option for me. They have integrated Photopost with xenForo already though. I can't stand their code or their customer support. Just me.

My beef (hence the thread topic) is with the person who took $2,000 to produce what I could hack together with little experience in the same amount of time that it has taken to make it happen.

He simply has to answer for is behavior and his commitments and needs to understand that he does not dictate the process and that customers do. All we needed was honesty and we got a lot of hostility instead.

I said it somewhere else (Too lazy to look it up) but there needs to be more accountability for people selling products here. This isn't the only issue that has come up with products being sold, and when issues like this come up it makes it harder for potential customers to trust other resource providers.

I don't even consider that an option, and it is one of the few add-ons I will not support for my products because of how bad the syntax is.

My 12 year old brother writes better code than Photoposts developer.
lmaooo

Photopost customer support blows man. I can see why you dumped that money into Robbo's gallery addon now...

According to Robbo posts, he is still planning to release the gallery and refuses by the way to make other addons until this addon has not been delivered. So the only problem seems to be the ETA (I see now why XenForo refuses to play the ETA game...) and may be also Robbo too much direct style when he writes. But if you go over the style to stay to the main idea of his message, he's right. This has been said thousands of time but writing an addon takes a lot of time and then money. Anyway, putting some pressure on him is not going to make things going faster. Just give him time and be patient.

I was hopeful, but knew this was going to happen.... Warned a few people. No one listens. Live & learn.

Robbo has a martial law / dicktator approach toward things. He does have some skill, can not deny that, but not exactly "user friendly"

I was hopeful, but knew this was going to happen.... Warned a few people. No one listens. Live & learn.

Robbo has a martial law / dicktator approach toward things. He does have some skill, can not deny that, but not exactly "user friendly"
None of the gallery addons are user friendly.

Simple Gallery - Robbo (Admin-only type of gallery)
XFR User Albums - Pepelac (Abandoned)
Photopost - (Horrible)

It's all on XenFluence shoulder's now.

According to Robbo posts, he is still planning to release the gallery and refuses by the way to make other addons until this addon has not been delivered. So the only problem seems to be the ETA (I see now why XenForo refuses to play the ETA game...) and may be also Robbo too much direct style when he writes. But if you go over the style to stay to the main idea of his message, he's right. This has been said thousands of time but writing an addon takes a lot of time and then money. Anyway, putting some pressure on him is not going to make things going faster. Just give him time and be patient.

I see Robbo is reading this thanks to your post. This does not satisfy me at all.

This has been said thousands of time but writing an addon takes a lot of time and then money.

He should be, and more than likely was, aware of this when he started crowdsourcing this add-on.

His attitude and his handling of his business is completely unacceptable and the fact that he would rather like your post than communicate with me or the others that have invested speaks magnitudes for his maturity and reliability going forward.

He might be not user friendly but he does the job and help the novice developers like me here. And if I remember well you also try to launch some projects to compete with some existed addons but I don't remember one to be achieved. Again, coding is not easy and it takes time. "Live and learn".

He might be not user friendly but he does the job and help the novice developers like me here. And if I remember well you also try to launch some projects to compete with some existed addons but I don't remember one to be achieved. Again, coding is not easy and it takes time. "Live and learn".

You remembered wrong then. I am not a coder and I have never taken anyone's money from here.

This is not about his coding this is about his interaction with his customers who he has taken money from. His arrogant and abrasive attitude to them. This is something that is not going away until he confronts it and communicates with the people whom he has taken money from.

I am not sure why you are replying to me about me interactions with him. I can only assume you are friendly with him in some other aspect and I respect that. What this thread is about is me and other people who have provided money to him and his piss poor quality customer service. Please respect the fact that my problems are with him and how he has handled himself and his inability to provide the product we all expected.

I see Robbo is reading this thanks to your post. This does not satisfy me at all. His attitude and his handling of his business is completely unacceptable and the fact that he would rather like your post than communicate with me or the others that have invested speaks magnitudes for his maturity and reliability going forward.
Come on... give him time to reply. I don't understand you on this. You angry, you need a gallery, ok for this. But try to be fair. It seems on his website you can have a beta of this product, contact him by pm.

Come on... give him time to reply. I don't understand you on this. You angry, you need a gallery, ok for this. But try to be fair. It seems on his website you can have a beta of this product, contact him by pm.

I am waiting for him to break his silence. He liked your post. Waiting.

You really angry lol :p I wasn't talking to you on this. Breath ! ;)

I am not as angry as you might assume. I have had people asking me about this for months.

You really have no idea how much patience I have had with making this thread. So with all due respect, please, stop assuming things about my state of mind in replying to this thread.

At this moment I have collected the following funds for any and all projects

$0

At this moment I have spent the following funds for projects:

$400 (estimated)

Big difference between me not having something yet to be released as advertised or communicating with people vs someone else.

He is not asking about how long it takes for coding a gallery .He is simply asking for communication with those members who actively funded his project they deserve that atleast .

I am with bama.
I have spend 50 dollars and i think they are gone.
Never get a running addon since month.
Ok, i have to learn about that.
Will never get an addon from robbo in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom