XF 2.0 User registration rejected without my approval.

jr777

Someone on this forum reported to me this evening that they tried to sign up on my forum and their registration was rejected. Sure enough, I found their account and it had been labeled as rejected.

What I don't understand is that I wasn't even notified about it. Even if the registration was suspicious for some reason, isn't it supposed to put it into the moderation queue for me to decide whether to accept it or not?

They likely triggered enough anti-spam rules to put it in that state. See the "spam management" options and the "spam trigger log" for more details.

They likely triggered enough anti-spam rules to put it in that state. See the "spam management" options and the "spam trigger log" for more details.
Is there any way I can make it to where it won't reject users without my approval? I would rather it place all suspicious accounts into the moderation queue.

Presumably it was triggered by stop forum spam, so you can control the point in which the levels are triggered via the options. What was the trigger that caused it?

Presumably it was triggered by stop forum spam, so you can control the point in which the levels are triggered via the options. What was the trigger that caused it?
That's what I couldn't find out. It didn't get thrown into the moderation queue so I don't know.

Did you look at the "spam trigger log" I mentioned? It has details of rejections.
Sorry, I got sidetracked and forgot. It says his user name was matched to stop forum spam. With a user name like Thomas I have to imagine there are lots of them out there.

On the spam management settings, I unchecked the "Reject registrations..." and left the "Moderate registrations..." checked. Will that send all flagged registrations to the moderation queue? I just don't trust the thing to automatically reject users without me even knowing about it.

Mine is set to moderate registrations if only one factor matches Stopforum spam so if it is only username then you will be asked to review it, and if more than one factor it auto rejects so if it is username and IP or email then it rejects. Works fine for me :)

Top Bottom