Not a bug User Registration (New user welcome / Start welcome conversation on registration)

Itworx4me

Affected version
User Registration (New user welcome / Start welcome conversation on registration)

Upgrading from 1.5.14 to 2.0.2 I lost my custom user message sent to new users upon new user registration.

Thanks,
Itworx4me

This is not something I can reproduce in my testing and I suspect we'd have had other reports of this.

Do you have a copy of your XF1 database still?

We could do with having access to both so we can figure out what went wrong. If that's possible, could you open a new ticket and provide login details? PhpMyAdmin should be sufficient.

Thanks for providing access to the database.

I can see some options in the XF1 database which seem to be related, but they are from an add-on. The default new user welcome option is switched off, and you must have been using an add-on to provide this functionality. I'm not sure what the specific reason for that was, perhaps you had the add-on before it was a feature within XF.

I'll reply to your ticket with the relevant information I can find in the database. My recommendation is to enable the default XF feature and plumb the add-on's data into the default options.

Top Bottom