Lack of interest User Registration: Hide Date of Birth

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

CTXMedia

Currently, when you untick - Require Date of Birth and Minimum Age: - it still appears on the registration form.

I'd like an additonal tick box to hide it - since it can be quite off-putting for privacy concious members; they don't "get" that you don't need to fill it in, they see it and stop in their tracks (and don't register!).

Or alternatively use the current setting and when it is unticked, hide it from the registration form.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I understand this is a suggestion and I'm not trying to dismiss it so please don't take this the wrong way.

You can accomplish this on your end if you'd like by editing the registration form template and removing the fields. You just have to remember to add it back if you choose to require it in the future. If you need the exact template name let me know and I'll loook. I'd just remove the entire div.

I understand this is a suggestion and I'm not trying to dismiss it so please don't take this the wrong way.

You can accomplish this on your end if you'd like by editing the registration form template and removing the fields. You just have to remember to add it back if you choose to require it in the future. If you need the exact template name let me know and I'll loook. I'd just remove the entire div.
@Daniel Hood, I think it's the register_form template, correct?
If so, won't this remove it
Code:
<xen:comment><xen:include template="helper_birthday_row_register" /></xen:comment>

Thanks, but I've already done that, along with a few other things to minimise/speed-up my registration forms.

This was a suggestion to have it in the core as a 1 tick item - rather than as a customisation. ;)

Thanks, but I've already done that, along with a few other things to minimise/speed-up my registration forms.

This was a suggestion to have it in the core as a 1 tick item - rather than as a customisation. ;)

Was just helping you get a quicker fix than waiting for it to be implemented in to the core, glad you already got it squared away for our personal use.

Top Bottom