Fixed User Registration Error

evilmaniac

Error Info said:
Datas must be string or set automatic_serialization = true
Stack Trace said:
#0 /var/www/forums/library/Zend/Cache/Core.php(360): Zend_Cache::throwException('Datas must be s...')
#1 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(457): Zend_Cache_Core->save(0, 'stopForumSpam_5...', Array, 30)
#2 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(146): XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->_cacheRegistrationDecision('stopForumSpam_5...', 0)
#3 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(31): XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->_checkSfsResult(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#4 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(23): XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->_allowRegistration(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#5 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(267): XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->allowRegistration(Array, Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#7 /var/www/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /var/www/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

New registerations are blocked D:
This issue does not seem to occur when $config['cache']['enabled'] is set to false.

Also when attempting to delete a user from the AdminCP I receive a server error 500. The delete does not go through.

Last edited:
New registerations are blocked D:
This issue does not seem to occur when $config['cache']['enabled'] is set to false.

Also when attempting to delete a user from the AdminCP I receive a server error 500. The delete does not go through.

Uh, just a quick question. Did you check to see if your spam prevention software was compatible with 1.2 BETA - which is what you tagged as running, or did you just rush into installing BETA 1 without any checking? Reason I ask is I see a lot of references to Stop Forum Spam in there.

Uh, just a quick question. Did you check to see if your spam prevention software was compatible with 1.2 BETA - which is what you tagged as running, or did you just rush into installing BETA 1 without any checking? Reason I ask is I see a lot of references to Stop Forum Spam in there.

I have no third party add-ons installed. The only "Spam Prevention" being referenced in the trace is the standard built-in module which comes with stock Xenforo.

I can confirm this. It has to do with APC being enabled for the frontend.
Errors with:
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;

Does not happen with:
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = false;

I've attempted to fix it with this, but adding the automatic_serialization causes the forums to break entirely:
Code:
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array(
      'caching' => true,
      'automatic_serialization' => true,
      'lifetime' => 10800,
      'cache_id_prefix' => 'xf_'
);

Yep... sorry about that. I saw StopForumSpam in there and "ass"umed it had to do with Tenant's add-on (I had just updated mine and had spam on the brain :whistle:)

Any registration related addon will likely show in there, as it happens during registration.

yep, but I didn't key in on "/library/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php(31): XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention-" that was in the trace. No add-ons should be writing to the default XenForo library.

Wulf, have you been able to reproduce the "User Deletion" section ?
I registered a new test user (through the official forum and not through the AdminCP) and then proceeded to delete the user through the AdminCP. I was unable to do so.

Wulf, have you been able to reproduce the "User Deletion" section ?
I registered a new test user (through the official forum and not through the AdminCP) and then proceeded to delete the user through the AdminCP. I was unable to do so.
Yes, it's one of the bugs on my list of ones to fix.

Top Bottom