1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 User Registration / enable manual approval

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by erich37, Jan 24, 2012.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I would like to operate my Forum by enabling "Manual Approval" for new registrations.

Do I have to check the checkbox named "Enable Registration" in ACP as well when I check the checkbox named "Enable Manual Approval" ?

Will the Administrator receive an e-mail telling him that there are new users who requested registration-approval? Or do I need to check all the time in ACP whether a new user has requested a registration?

Many thanks!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, both Enable Registration and Enable Manual Approval must be checked.

Email to administrator(s) on registration is not currently implemented, you will need to periodically check for new registrations.

erich37 likes this.
  3. erich37

so where in ACP would I find users who have signed-up, but need to be reviewed for "Manual Approval" ?

4. steel_curtain

steel_curtain Well-Known Member

ACP > Users > Users Awaiting Approval

erich37 likes this.
  5. erich37

I am wondering if the user is receiving an e-mail that his registration has been "approved" ?

6. Brogan

Why don't you set up a test user and see for yourself what the whole process is from a new member's perspective?

ragtek likes this.
  7. erich37

sorry to ask again:

where do I actually find the Email-template which is send to the user when using "Manual Approval" ?
    Is there a certain Email-template which I can alter?

8. Brogan

You need to enable debug mode to access the email templates.