1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug User promotions only working on active users

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by borgqueenx, Oct 13, 2015.

1. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It is as designed and therefore not a bug.

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

It's not a bug, it's designed to work this way.

*EDIT* Ninja'd by Brogan again!

[​IMG]

Amaury likes this.
  4. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

im sorry but the system at promotions does not mention the activity requirement, and makes people think it should alwways work, as long as criteria is met.
    So it is as designed to keep the administrator in the dark about this?

if its as designed, then better add a bit of warning in the promotions panel so they dont use it anymore.

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I believe this was changed to work on active users only back in XenForo 1.2.

There isn't any real need to promote or demote users who aren't active, any changes are irrelevant to them. They are only relevant when they return to the forum, at which point they are active and the promotion/demotion is then applied.

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's actually always been active users only -- it's required for anything resembling performance -- though the cron window was shrunk in that update (as we do it when they visit now too).

Martok likes this.
  7. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

so, how many days ago did the user require to login? what is the activity thats required? maybe @Mike knows?

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Promotions are only checked when the user first becomes active and then roughly once an hour for a few hours after their last page view.

9. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

wel.....thats quite useless....
    so a user will not be promoted or demoted if he didnt login during the night?
    if he is promoted and then never comes back, he will never be demoted.

10. borgqueenx

borgqueenx Active Member

can this then please moved to the feature request forum, i would like it to work without activity requirements, especially because i dont expect more then 500 people on my installation.