XF 2.0 User Promotions Going Crazy

Sal Collaziano

Hey. I'm having a strange issue with all my XenForo 2.0 installations where the promotions keep going back and forth to promoted and unpromoted. Did I set something improperly to cause this?

"Full Member" is the promotion that happens after a specified amount of posts and days since joined.
"Sustaining Members" is a purchased upgrade that lasts for one year.

It's like I can only have one or the other...

Screen-Shot-2018-06-28-at-2.00.webp

Last edited:
What brought this to my attention is one user is stating that the site is attempting to bill them over and over for the Sustaining Member subscription. It appears as if the promotion to "Full Member" is removing him from the "Sustaining Member" group.

I wonder if maybe then the system tries to charge his account again for the Sustaining Member upgrade. He says he denies the charge - but maybe the site places him in the group anyway - and maybe removes him from the Full Member group - and the process starts over since the "Full Member" promotion criteria has been met...

Or... Can this happen if I ask the system to avoid promoting if they're already in the user group? For example, if I have "Full Member" checked in the Apply this promotion while "User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups" - would this take them OUT of the "Full Member" user group the next time the cronjob runs?

Last edited:
Top Bottom