Resource icon

User Promotion on Profile Update 2.4.2

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

User Promotion on Profile Update - Faster user promotions on profile updates

Allows an Custom Fields to match an empty rule if selected.

Preforms a user promotion when:
  • A user updates their own profile (Routes under /account).
  • When admin's edit a user's profile.

Performance impact
  • User promotion is rebuild when they update their profile.

Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a Github Pull request via the "More information" link.

Contributions

If you appreciate this addon, please consider a...

Read more about this resource...

I know it's right there but to clarify. Will this allow me to search for, find, and promote only those users with a blank in the custom field that I choose?

I know it's right there but to clarify. Will this allow me to search for, find, and promote only those users with a blank in the custom field that I choose?
Yes, it might require a bit of tweaking to support all type of "blank" fields. It should do text fields.

I just wanted to say that you are a god. Thank you for this addon. People with multiple languages will thank you so much for this.

Reactions: Xon
One thing. I think this is not working correctly:
Allows a Custom Field to match an empty rule
For example when you have a radio button and have 3 selections. Making it not required also create a 4th choice "not set". And when this is selected than that criteria for promotions don't work correctly. But I could be also wrong and set my promotions wrong.

I like this add-on for promotion of users based on some simple criteria . It is meeting my needs.

Quick question ...

Do you have ... or can you provide ... a user promotion routine which is based on a list of users? For example, promote a user is the user's name matches a name in a list of user names. The list file would be maintained by the admin and not accessible to users.

Thanks,

Steve

Do you have ... or can you provide ... a user promotion routine which is based on a list of users? For example, promote a user is the user's name matches a name in a list of user names. The list file would be maintained by the admin and not accessible to users.
This add-on doesn't implement that, and I'm not aware of any add-on which does.

Having a bit of problem ...

I have a new user registered and they meet the criteria to be promoted. I filled out the fields that should force promotion, but when I manually run the chron job, this tool does not promote the user. Can you help me with sorting out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi. Does this addon only works on existing users or does it also works for new registrations?

My plan:
The users should be able to decide whether they want to see "area A", "area B" or both.
This is to be queried directly when logging in and is then stored as a custom user field.
But also registered users should be able to make this setting or adjust the field.

Is this possible with your addon?

Top Bottom